Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Isle Of Wight shenanigans.
    Free Member

Hi all,

I think there’s one or two of you living on the IOW and i’m sure a few more have visited. So I’m asking for a little advice please 😉

My folks are visiting and we’re taking them to the IOW, we suggested going to Ventnor for a bite to eat and saw The Met which looked alright but only tapas menu on their site, there was another place with similarly pleasant views but again a website designed by an idiot. (sorry if you did it but it needs a menu on) or is The Met any good?

So does anyone have any suggestions for either a decent fish and chip shop with either good views or close enough (10-15mins drive is reasonable i think) or a pub/restaurant that sells a good quality fish and chips again with reasonable views.

Failing that a good cuppa and a slice or two of cake, again, good views are on the wish list.

cheers and thanks in advance!
    jt

specialdrifter
    Free Member

The spyglass in on ventnor sea front 🙂

eskay

Spyglass is good!

flap_jack
    Free Member

Great fish and chips at the old Ventnor Pier. They fry what they’ve caught that day.

If you’re ever there for a traditional pint, then the Volanteer…

Ventnor’s cool. Except that my school has since burnt down !

Mooly
    Free Member

Spyglass all day. Unique place Reasonable food but most amazing setting. Either that or a pint of prawns or crab sandwich at Steephill cove.

sbob
    Free Member

I once went for a drink in Bishop’s Stortford and woke up on the Isle of Wight.
    Now that’s shenanigans.
    Thread has disappointed.

rocket
    Free Member

DSpyglass defo ticks your boxes. I’d you want a walk park up at the botanics and walk down.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Got a few options in Ventnor –

For tea and cake, the Royal Hotel does a pricey (£18, but more cake than you can eat – take away boxes provided) spectacularly good afternoon tea. There’s outdoor terrace across the road from the hotel itself that has great views that I guess you could sit out in, weather permitting. Although it’s nice enough to sit inside as well.

It’s worth the walk along to Steephill Cove. There are a couple of restaurants which are open in the summer only and have to be pre-booked, and there’s a small outdoor cafe that serves fantastic crab and lobster salads/soups/pasties, all landed from their own boat.

For fish’n’chips and a pint, the Spyglass is probably your best bet.

The Bonchurch Inn is also worth seeking out – a quaint hybrid of olde worlde English pub and family-run Italian restaurant.

Slightly further afield, probably a 5 minute drive, the Buddle Inn in Niton serves great food and beer, nice beer garden overlooking the sea and great walks down to the lighthouse at St Catherine’s Point.

Never been to the Met so can’t help you there.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Isle Of Wight shenanigans.’ is closed to new replies.