Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Isle of Mann Routes
  • windysurfer
    Free Member

I’m off to the IOM next weekend so I’m looking for some good mtb routes.
    I’ve had a look at a couple of websites and downloaded a few routes ,which I rode last year,so looking for suggestions.GPX files would be ace!

I’m based in Kirk Micheal for the first few days but traveling around after that.

cheers

pipiom
    Free Member

Crap with techie stuff (Garmin/maps etc),but I live in Ballaugh and will be going out for a few all-dayers next week….let me know if you fancy a bit of company. There’ll be a few rides going out at weekend as well.

mark88

There has been a lot of route marking and mapping over the last couple of years, so it could be worthwhile asking for GPX on the Manx MTB forum. If you drop me an email (in profile) I’ll be able to send over a few Strava routes.

If you’ve been before, I’m sure you’re aware that KM is on the coast, but there are a couple of tracks nearby that bring you straight up into the hills.

slimporcini
    Free Member

Go to pretty much any plantation and you will find trails.

slimporcini
    Free Member

Any route from kirk Michael should include the climb up the Baltic, followed by the black mountain traverse. From there you have Ballaugh plantation on your left or a descent into tholt y will on you right. Always a favourite of mine for a quick blast

Andy-R

A pity that I’m away next week, as I’m in Ballaugh and would have been only too happy to show you a few good routes (including some cheeky stuff, of course…).
    Give pipiom a shout, he’s a good guy and, no doubt, knows some (but not all :wink:) of what I would show you.
    Unfortunately I can’t be arsed with all that GPX stuff either as it’s all local.

windysurfer
    Free Member

Email sent Mark88

It’s next weekend I’m over (22nd for a IOM VW club meet @ Kirk Micheal football ground)) but I’m with family so might struggle to do any all day rides, it will be more a case of squeezing a few hours in when I can really but thanks for the offers.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Isle of Mann Routes’ is closed to new replies.