Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Isle of Man Senior TT ITV4 coverage?
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

This was supposed to run on Friday, but didn’t and got rescheduled for yesterday. So there I was all excited about turning ITV4 on at 9pm only to find that it was Billy Connolly 🙁

Now it says that this was on at 7pm instead yesterday, but I cannot find it on ITV4 player to watch it.

Please don’t tell me the result, but did anyone actually see it and if so what time was it on?

Thanks

flanagaj
    Free Member

Thanks fella. Shame it got cancelled as I was looking forward to that one.

Didn’t realise Guy Martin was such an avid mountain biking fan as well.

shifter
    Free Member

Thanks for that. Have been hiding from any bike info in case I saw the result!

slimjim78
    Free Member

Why doesn’t this receive more TV coverage?
    I got hooked this year, i’d have thought the BBC would be desperate to show a half decent sporting spectacle?..

Instead we get to see more horse racing.. (sport?)

dogbert
    Free Member

It’s one of the few sports I watch, proper vikings of the motorsport world.

br
    Free Member

Serious speed – did you see some of the onboard from Cam Donald’s bike – +170mph curb-to-curb?

mu3266
    Free Member

Been pretty digusted with the lack of coverage of the TT by ITV, not amused in the slightest :/

br
    Free Member

Been pretty digusted with the lack of coverage of the TT by ITV, not amused in the slightest :/

Eh, its had at least an hour every night for two weeks – and the coverage is very good.

flanagaj
    Free Member

The coverage on ITV4 of the TT is always excellent and one of the few events I really look forward to watching each year. Craig Doyle is the ideal presenter and does a great job!

amplebrew

Felt really sorry for the folks at the end of race week, the weather hasn’t been great.

The campers must have been really cheesed off. Most of the campsites were turned into mud baths by the end of the week.

stuarty
    Free Member

Dogbert that first shot of dunlop is from cookstown not isle of man

stuarty
    Free Member

Thought the coverage was good considering its a minor sport in bbc,s eyes
    But yer boy doyles doing a good job

dogbert
    Free Member

Dogbert that first shot of dunlop is from cookstown not isle of man

my mistake, got it from a website that had it marked as a shot from a TT

headfirst
    Free Member

I thought at the end of yesterday’s coverage they said they’d be showing highlights of the senior race at 9pm on itv4 tonight, given that they said they’d run it today if the weather co-operated and the forecast was promising. My virgin tv screen programme guide says something different but I’m recording what’s on at that time just in case.

EDIT: I could have got my days confused?? I think I’ve got myself a little muddled 😳

Swelper
    Free Member

headfirst

just found this on the iomtt live website

TT Senior Race Cancelled

billysugger
    Free Member

You’ll have to make do with this guys

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9-oUL8aHbk[/video]

donsimon
    Free Member

@billysugger, possibly the best opening 45 seconds of any video on Youtube, EVER! 😀

Swelper
    Free Member

+1 billysugger and don

Awesome, think they may well be the 1000’s judging by the sound…….

Would love to have seen the Seniors out though had the makings of a mammoth battle on the road

Circuit racing is so tame by comparison

billysugger
    Free Member

Yeah, not mine that one but he’s done a mega job with it.

Start reminds me of TT, Closer to the Edge.

Mark of a good video if it’s 14 minutes long and you could watch 14 minutes more.

donsimon
    Free Member

Mark of a good video if it’s 14 minutes long and you could watch 14 minutes more.

I’m just plugging my way through Youtube with an open mouth and tightly closed bum! 😯
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76lWR4sTc_k&feature=related[/video]

Pigface
    Free Member

Vikings or kamikazes ? 🙁

salad_dodger

Those vids would have been so much better if you’d been able to hear the bikes rather than ruining them with shite music.

donsimon
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVXc29ZgutI[/video]
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFUYIH2Ttzk[/video]

Jamie
    Free Member

Those vids would have been so much better if you’d been able to hear the bikes rather than ruining them with shite music.

The curse of Youtube.

robidoo
    Free Member

Billysugger love the intro, sent shivers down my spine (and woke my dog)
    top stuff.

br
    Free Member

+1 intro BS, really good.

Dickyboy

The campers must have been really cheesed off. Most of the campsites were turned into mud baths by the end of the week.

Wasn’t so bad, got to see all of Mon & Wed racing, spent most of the rest of the week in the pub & due to crap ferry bookings we were going to miss the senior anyway….

oldgrump08
    Free Member

kin ell. Gotta go soon.

vegasdave
    Free Member

Some strange comments above.Who cares if the BBC show it? ITV 4 do a great job…one of the television highlights of the year…and they screen higlights of TDF.

iomnigel
    Free Member

Absolutely fantastic video, great images and thought provoking at the same time…

Would love to have seen some footage of the campsites! We posted up for showers / washing facilities and beds when the deluge started.

We live here and its a fantastic two weeks…

The start of the summer for us, and the MGP heralds the end.

Swelper
    Free Member

salad dodger

For you, having been to may road racing events the clip does not convey the sound nor the speed these guys travel at, its truly out of this world.

I name this “Arm chair TT without music”

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4NdcMELso8[/video]

Swelper
    Free Member

Drinking and posting, bad mix

Swelper
    Free Member

dogbert

that’s one s**t hot picture of the hedge, good find. Road racing at its best

skaifan
    Free Member

flanagaj – Member

Thanks fella. Shame it got cancelled as I was looking forward to that one.

Didn’t realise Guy Martin was such an avid mountain biking fan as well
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlIYEdRFQu4[/video]

rossi46
    Free Member

Im surprised Eurosport haven’t got the rights to show the TT, they’d do the best job of anyone.
    ITV did quite a good job of the actual programmes, though shame they are not replayed at another time as if you miss it when it’s on (or your sky box decides to turn itself off while your’e recording it) then that’s it….. 🙄

Nobby

Everyone should go to the TT once in their lives – the TV just cannot do it justice.

There’s still a few episodes on the ITV Player but they’re disappearing daily now.

RustySpanner

If anyone has a PS2 and fancies a challenge, I can highly recommend these:

More of a simulation than an arcade game – but very, very satisfying if you have the patience.

Published by the now defunct Jester Interactive – there used to be a very active forum, which I can’t find anymore.

The second game includes the NW200 and a few other circuits, as well as the TT & Southern 100.

Inch perfect recreations of the circuits and a geeks dream.
    You can still pick them up if you have a look around – very last gen, but still some of my favourite ever games – prefer the first one myself.

rkk01
    Free Member

Just got back this am – 0230 into Liverpool, then down the motorway to Cardiff….. Just a little tired, glad booked the day off!!!

We camped, and it was a little damp. Just short of Mountain Mayhem conditions though 🙂

Shame about the Senior, but was the right decision. We went up to the Bungallow on Saturday, and based on the miserable, damp, low cloud base conditions, was surprised there was any racing at all.

Must say, was impressed with the Supertwins class. Those bikes sound absolutely brilliant

freddyg
    Free Member

Oh! We were up at the bungalow too on Saturday. We bumped onto a couple of guys from Canada who we met at K-Tree last year.

Did you see the Norwegian “entertainment”?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Isle of Man Senior TT ITV4 coverage?’ is closed to new replies.