Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Islabikes – anything similar and as good?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

thinking about changing my eldests bike to something a little bigger. The Beinn seems to be the best thing out there for her age (9), is there anything else I should look at? Needs to be lightweight.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Creig

cyclistm
    Free Member

Frog get good reviews, not sure they are in the same league though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Edric64
    Free Member

Frog bikes

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Frog Bikes.

Gordymac
    Free Member

No if my two are anything to go by.

Good spec and thought put in to them for small people and importantly lightweight.

The weight will only become apparent when another kid calls round and leaves their bike sprawled on the deck and you pick it up and lean it carefully against the wall for them.

igm

Dawes have brought out a range to try and directly challenge Isla. Unfortunately while on weight they are apparently pound for pound, they are also pound for pound on price.
    Cyclesense’s website has the Dawes and the Frog stuff

They also have 24″ stuff, but the 26″ kids page will get you to it.

firestarter
    Free Member

After 3 islas now on a frog 65 as good if not better than isla

andysredmini
    Free Member

Others try and come close but none are as good as isla. Resale value is very good so they can end up as the cheapest bike you ever buy.

razorrazoo

Just got my eldest a Frog 52. Really well thought out and put together and a bit cheaper than the Isla. They’ve only been around for a couple of years so the secondhand market will grow too though out will get handed down. Shimano gears, tektro brakes, alu finishing kit, lock on grips. Well thought out and put together. Was in the market for an Isla but ultimately got a new frog for the same money as a second hand Isla.

Edit: mudguards were also included in the package,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Islabikes – anything similar and as good?’ is closed to new replies.