Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Islabike Rothan v Ridgeback Scoot
  • benz
    Free Member

STW massive who have experience of such things.

Is the Scoot slightly larger than the Rothan?

Note the Scoot comes with a pair of seatposts.

No local stockists, so just want to check before I pull the trigger…..thanks!

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I got a scoot

it's very good, worked from about 2 years

acjim
    Free Member

the scoot is bigger (higher standover) so if you're buying for a child on the smaller side go for the islabike. i think the islabike is also a little shorter and so easier to manoeuvre at slow speed.

birly-shirly
    Free Member

can't compare with the rothan, but really pleased with the Scoot that we bought.

josh1982
    Free Member

I cant say how good the Rothan is but the Scoot was excellent for the money and my lad now rolls down hills no worries. Even uses the brake. I doubt he will still be on it when he's ready for the igger post. He'll be 3 in august and i think santa might bring him his first pedalled bike.

Sorry had to show him off!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Isla's rock. Good resale value and "British". Wish they were around when I were a nipper.

igm

I think it depends on the shape of your child – same as your bike depends on the shape of you.

Some of the balance bikes are slightly longer, some have slightly higher standover.

See how many you can look at with your child – ask if any local STWers have them.

stabilizers

I compared them both and spent the extra money on the Rothan. It looked the better bike. Dont regret it.
    My 3 year old tells me its rubbish coz its got no pedals. He still keeps up with the older kids with pedals. I think he'll be ready by Xmas to step up…. 8)

binners

When I took delivery of the little'uns Rothan, I looked it over and wished the bikes I've owned had been as well built as that. An absolute quality piece of kit. Great value for money

lister

+1 for build quality and general lovely-ness of the Rothan, it just looks and feels right, and they seem to last.
    ours is on littlelister#2 and won't be leaving the family when she's on a pedal bike. i'll just let it out on long term loans to friends kids…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Islabike Rothan v Ridgeback Scoot’ is closed to new replies.