Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Isla bikes size guides.
  • wors

Are they spot on? Wanting to bet my son the beinn 20 large.

Spud

Fairly acurate, give them a ring their advice is great. I wasn’t sure about the Cnoc 14 or 16 for our lad, advised 14 and it was spot on. Needs a bigger one now mind!

StirlingCrispin

As Spud says.
    (although guessing from recent threads on here some people disagree in this – that or their kids are freakily tall).

With the smaller bikes it’s a real compromise between saddle height when riding and them being able to put both feet down safely and being confident. This is less of an issue as you go up the sizes.

(Did I mention I have a Beinn 20 small behind my desk waiting to be built up. It looks beautiful and I’m very excited!)

uphillcursing
    Free Member

I found the sizing chart to be a bit optimistic. I bought a Bein 20 large and small for the offspring at Christmas. Also ended up buying a Cnoc 16 as there was no way the little’un would have got away with the small.

Even though he was well inside the sizings on the chart. I guess it depends on what you are hoping to get them to ride. Off road the really do need to be able to get 2 feet on the ground. (my opinion only)

EDIT… he is not far off the small but not got the confidence for it yet. Hopefully there will be an immaculate Cnoc 16 for sale soon!

wors

Well, he’s 117cm just over the 116cm that the guide suggests.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

let me just measure offspring……. BRB

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Little one 110cm and too small for Bien 20 small. big un is 125 and fine on the Large.

Depends on childs confidence and where they will be riding.

Alex

Definitely ring up for advice. Close enough for me to go and try, but they were spot on when I originally called.

Great bikes 🙂

wors

I was going to take him down but a 5 hr round trip is a bit far. Thanks for the replies, i’ll give them a ring.

99percentchimp
    Free Member

We went on inside leg measurement too – that seemed to really help make our minds up and means that they have more confidence to get both feet down. And a chat to them – very helpful.

Although for last Christmas we did stretch to the bottom end of the size up, figuring most use would come in a few months when the weather was better and he’d converted the fridge contents into another few inches of height/inside leg.

Alex

That is a bit of a trip! No one close to you who has one? My 9 (10 next week) year old daughter loves hers. Went from an old Spesh hardrock 24. This is just so much more fun to ride. Lighter, rolls better, decent brakes, and lots of thoughtful touches. Couldn’t resist including a video we did!

Islabike Beinn video

There’s an event end of March when they’re doing a whole day of demos and stuff. Might be worth a drive if you’ve still not got one?

heihei

I reckon they are slightly optimistic and that if you were the minimum size as per their chart your kid would feel the bike was a bit big.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Isla bikes size guides.’ is closed to new replies.