Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Isla Bikes Imagine project.
  • gears_suck
    Free Member
    PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I do like. Hats off to Isla.

Steelsreal

interesting idea, essentially what we all seem to do with our islabikes, and to a certain extent bikes anyway….

alcolepone
    Free Member

sounds good, though I cant help but think they have the same problem as the lightbulb. Expensive well made bikes, that don’t wear out, but quickly outgrown, then get sold on second hand. Isla bikes get no revenue from the second hand market. This “renting” idea would solve that.

Not sure it makes any difference to sustainability, I can’t imagine many isla bikes are thrown away.

ads678

So at the moment you can spend £300* on a bike that will be used by more than one child then you sell it on for £200*. You’ve probably owned the bike for 2/3 years costing you less £3-4* a month.

Is rental going to be this cheap. I think not. I’m not sure this is all about the environment but you’ve got to give it her she’s got good business sense.

*very ish figures.

fanatic278
    Free Member

Bought our Isla bike for £200 ex. demo. 6 years and three children later we sold it for £120. It was in basically the same condition we bought it in – all original parts.

gears_suck
    Free Member

Yes, Isla does have good business sense. I think she is a bit of a hippie at heart though and this is, I believe, a genuine effort to move towards more sustainable manufacturing. I think it’s about having a good business and at the same time feeling good about what she’s doing while moving in a positive direction.
    I hope it works out for her.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Isla Bikes Imagine project.’ is closed to new replies.