Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Isla bike – proud dad moment (plus pedal question)
  • anono

Anono jnr took delivery of a cnoc 14 on friday, and after a couple of 5 minute attempts on friday and saturday, had a another go today. WIthin 10 minutes he was off, pedalling away, stopping and starting on his own.

Only slight problem is that his feet slip off the pedals quite a bit – has anyone else had the same problem? If so, any suggestions for replacement pedals?
    thanks

warton
    Free Member

spds? XTR?

robhughes
    Free Member

Superstar nano’s 😆

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Klunk
    Free Member

what’s the smallest pair of fivetens spitfires can you get ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

it his technique not the pedal I suspect – mine did the same on a different bike for the first few attempts

Perhaps try different shoes??

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Yes as JY – I’d go with different shoes first, and he will get better as he gets used to it

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Mini TJ managed his first off road ride today of a full lap of Greenham Common of four miles and he had issues with slippy feet and his feet location was very close to the crank to almost scuff on every rotation. It is more down to learning the ride to be honest. I didnt make any point of showing this, as he had so much more to take in on his maiden voyage. 😀

yunki
    Free Member

the geometry of the frame seems to promote foot slippage from what I’ve seen of yunki Jr’s first couple of efforts on his cnoc 14

It’s a tricky one though cos they like to have the seat low enough to reach the floor, which then kind of makes it awkward to pedal anyway.. and then you have to factor in their stupid gammy 3 year olds legs which seem to bend in every direction..

I can’t keep yunki Jr off his bike at the moment though.. so proud 😀

Harry_the_Spider

Give it time. My lad was sliding off the pedals before he got the hang of it.

yetidave
    Free Member

My girl is the same just now. I’m thinking that she needs saddle higher, but that would put her feet off ground. Getting compromise between BB height, crank length and saddle height on something so small is not easy. As she gets taller the angles should ease off a bit and the feet will stay more on top rather than being pushed forward and back as the legs go round.

Rambling thought.

anono

Thanks for the comments – sounds like a bit of patience is all that’s needed.

Hopefully he’ll still be as keen when he’s ready for 5:10s and spuds!

PS – this is not pushy parent syndrome!!! Just had horrible thoughts of him getting his legs caught between the pedals and the ground.

Harry_the_Spider

PS – this is not pushy parent syndrome!!!

I understand 😉

Little kids on little bikes is the best. Here’s my lad on his first BMX track earlier today!

takisawa2

My lad slips off the pedals on his Cnoc14 now & then, even 2 years on.
    He’s been out on his brother’s Beinn20 today, while his brother’s done a few miles on his Spesh Hotrock24.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Isla bike – proud dad moment (plus pedal question)’ is closed to new replies.