Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Isis or Sqaure taper?
  • bonzodog
    Free Member

For singlespeed use?

Whats your arguments for & against?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Aren’t Isis poo ?

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Surely it has to be square taper as s/speeds need to be ‘old skool’ and you need to show everyone you’ve built it out of old parts lying around in your garage, even though secretly you’ve bought it all?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

square for XC, isis for everything else.

use the other way round and isis will wear out and tapered ones will snap.

the_pilot
    Free Member

ISIS is fine if you buy the right one, they have done alot of work in the last few years, but you have to put your hand in your pocket.

I swear by SKF BXC600 and the DH equivalent but they are around £80, made from stainless, needle rollers (fantasticly good but expensive) etc, 2 year guarantee, ‘unofficial’ 10 year lifespan, but they also weigh 100g more than a ti one from Crank bros or Control tech. CB have a 5 year warranty but from my research you have to use it a little too much, even tho the customer service is very good.

So in short Pace and SKF stand behind their design for ISIS as very robust, but not cheap.

smiffy

RF Signature is very good and indefinately rebuildable. I’m a very happy customer

squattingmouse
    Free Member

Whatever’s cheap/in the spares box in my case. Although square taper seems to be lasting longer.

oxym0r0n

UN54 Sq Tpr BB £15 and lasts for ages – job done

mrdoubletake
    Free Member

It’s got to be square taper, surly. It just spins forever without missing a beat.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

IME; square taper is by far the best value for money.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Isis or Sqaure taper?’ is closed to new replies.