Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 215 total)
  • ISIS -Islamic State of Iraq and Syria
  • jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

They are not chopping off heads to save lives.

I’m not going to argue with you there; I was being a bit of a smartarse in all honesty

ISIS certainly appear to be a nasty bunch and no mistake, but I’m concerned by the level of Islamophobia which seems to come with it, which the media seems to be capitalizing on.

Though we like our intellectual superiority, at the end of the day, we are all animals:

If a dog has been mistreated all it’s life, or trained to fight, it’ll never fully settle down… though you can lament it’s lost potential, if it is constantly on the attack, then something has to be done.

However, that doesn’t make all dogs bad

chip
    Free Member

Growing up in the late 70s and 80s my best friend was Muslim.
    Every schoolday morning I would get round his house early and would have to wait in his living room watching a Pakistani film which involved much dancing and singing in urdu on VHS while he rushed down his breakfast.

We would get to school early, so we could play football before registration, played football at break, lunch and after school untill the numbers dwindled and we went home,

My mum worked so I spent many afternoons at his house and ate dinner with his family at the table. I watched him pray at home and went home when they had to go to the mosque and When his older sister got older and he would sometimes have to chaperone her, much to his annoyance as he would rather be doing something else.

His dad was a lovely man who drove tube trains and would often come home and produce two red rovers from his pocket and we would bugger off on the busses.
    His mum did no speak much English but she always smiled and I saw love in her eyes when she looked at me.

I understand the difference between Muslims and extremists.

oldnpastit

So, is the War On Terror over now? Did we lose?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well as far as Iraq is concerned Bush and Blair declared it all sorted over 10 years ago.

And they both agreed that we won.

oldnpastit

Well, that’s good to know, Ernie. Because if you hadn’t explained it properly to me, I would have been under the misapprehension that it’s been a huge disaster.

But if it’s over, perhaps now we can get on with trying to make the world a better place rather than maximizing Halliburton’s shareholder value ?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Are we all in agreement that it’s a bit shit?

slowoldman

Nice one chip. There are extremists in all cultures, but not many. Hence the term. If only we soft, liberal, tolerant types could find a way of disposing with them.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

“We acknowledge the unfortunate timing of this product launch in our store windows, however we in no way support or condone any act of terrorism or violence. We apologise for any offence caused.”

Well it’s reassuring to hear that, I had long suspected that Ann Summers might possibly habour terrorist sympathies.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Uh-oh, ISIS is an Egyptian goddess, you know what that means…

oldnpastit

Are we all in agreement that it’s a bit shit?

What replaced it? Does the UK government have a coherent policy to put in its place, and if so, what is it?

chip
    Free Member

To arm the Kurds and hope Isis do not overrun them and gain control of even more of our weaponary.
    To arm the Kurds and hope that if they beat Isis they don’t go on to do anything unsavoury with them.
    To arm the Kurds and hope that we do not find ourselves on the receiving end of them.

chip
    Free Member

The goverment has made so many redundancies in our armed forces (as with our police force) while still actively recruiting new recruits, I suppose because they can pay them less. And realise we now probably could not fight our way out of a paper bag , and by acting this would soon become apparent to all.

I have a friend ex forces who would privately send out as much kit as he could to his serving nephews including body armour as our boys were left to do a job they were not properly equipped to do.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Well, I was talking about illuminati dildos:

but that’s a fair analysis re the Kurds.

Weapons need replenishing, meaning a continued revenue stream, good for economic growth (don’t mention the debt)

In many respects, this is a Catch 22 for western governments, they’ve basically snookered themselves, using taxpayers money for global ugliness.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I strongly urge you to take the time to watch this:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMjXbuj7BPI[/video]

Is it the truth? Judge for yourself

If you want to analyse more deeply, here’s the source material:

http://scgnews.com/the-covert-origins-of-isis

Certainly makes more sense than the story we’re being told in MSM; after all, with the vast intelligence network GCHQ/NSA/CIA/Mi6/Mossad/NATO have in place, the sudden rise of ISIS doesn’t really add up.

rossi46
    Free Member

the sudden rise of ISIS doesn’t really add up

Certainly doesn’t, something fishy is going on…

rossi46
    Free Member

Another disgusting beheading and another is being lined up, who will be British so the IS say.
    Politicians are starting to use fighting talk, even the usually mild mannered Barack Obama is starting to use words like ‘destroy’.
    And David Cameron is doing his best to be taken seriously, he sounds jolly well cross.
    Is this whole situation about to balloon?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Is this whole situation about to balloon?

Only if they can fool enough people with pantomime:

given they’ve already admitted that allied forces tried to liberate those held captive some time ago, how is it that identities of those still captive are released in a staggered form, as if to build suspense and engagement, much like you might do when performing a play, or writing a thriller.

You’d imagine that the extensive intelligence services have a wealth of classified information, of which they only deem a few choice morsels fit for public consumption…

Ponder that, then:

watch Russell Brand give quite an impressive analysis, with a very insightful rant at the end:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQxwaVQWSbY[/video]

I have more to say, but I am going to let suspense and tension build first…

chip
    Free Member

I won’t watch that video as Russell brand gets on my tits, just looking at his face winds me up.

Cameron is a spineless excuse for a man, and Obama is not far behind him. The British hostage is almost certainly a dead man walking.
    With satalites and spy planes I hope there are hundreds of people somewhere looking at thousands of images making a big to bomb list.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@jive, the fact that 20+ people are being held hostage has been known for sometime and reported on various news sites. The names of most are known.

As for ISIL rising quickly no it’s been a steady build up over 2 years with this having been reported, you can go back and find many articles online from the past. ISIL has been one of many jihadist groups but it has been the most successful either eliminating its rivals or persuading them to join it. It took the decidion to fight its rivals as much if not more than Assad. It’s barbaric practices in Syria where well know but the West did not wish to intervene there effectively to aid Assad. It’s been there incursion into Iraq and the actual and threatened atrocities combined with the fact that the Iraqi army did very little to resist them which has pushed the West into acting.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Spoken like a true agent in the field 😉

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Lasted a couple of minutes of Brand – as usual just being a bit of a prat. He clearly doesn’t understand how threat warnings work and why they have been increased (it’s technical and Brand doesn’t do details) and then twaddle about a share price when talking about oil prices. Usual infantile stuff. Why does he get airtime?

enfht
    Free Member

Well at least Brand has said all of that BS on record for all the world to see.

rossi46
    Free Member

RIP David Haines 🙁

So what’s Mr Camerons next move? Australia have sent troops to the middle east, will we?
    Seems Mr Kerry has been successful in rounding up some help to fight IS.

Rockape63
    Free Member

What’s Cameron’s next move?

Watch Obama unleash hell from above, of course!

IanMunro
    Free Member

He clearly doesn’t understand how threat warnings work and why they have been increased (it’s technical and Brand doesn’t do details)

Given that it’s ‘technical’, then why stand on a podium for a TV news slot to announce it, rather than just send it through the communication channels set up for ‘technical’ things?

rossi46
    Free Member

So an international coalition has been put together to fight IS, and today they have agreed a plan of action. Surely military personnel will be required on the ground to achieve the desired Victory.
    Looks like the US are standing back a bit and letting others take the lead. Or letting others put themselves on the line instead, depending on your view.
    France seems very enthusiastic at the moment, and having the largest Muslim population in Europe one might think they should be a little more reserved. To tackle this globally they (and the rest of us) may have to begin their efforts at home.
    Globally means world war. How long before Russia creeps into it?

rossi46
    Free Member

Us begin airstrikes on Syrian soil

So it begins, after years of not wanting to take action in Syria they (we?) finally are.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@rossi, some in the UK wanted to take action but Cameron respected parliament’s vote against

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I see that ISIL are upset and offended because the French are calling them “Daesh” – some sort of acronym – making that four possible titles so far including “ISIS” or just “IS”…

Personally, I prefer “Bunch Of Arse”.

rossi46
    Free Member

Yes, I remember a majority voting against it.
    We’ll see later today if it will happen this time- mps are being recalled to vote for military action.
    I think this time the outcome will be different.

rossi46
    Free Member

Sounds better than a retro bottom bracket I guess 😉

digga
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member
    I see that ISIL are upset and offended because the French are calling them “Daesh” – some sort of acronym – making that four possible titles so far including “ISIS” or just “IS”…

I’m going for the deliberate, freudian, mispronunciation.

rossi46
    Free Member

Hi ho, hi ho- it’s off to war we go. Live on Sky news.
    Great idea, let the enemy know you’re on your way!
    Doh!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

let the enemy know you’re on your way!

Don’t think they needed Sky to tell them.

CountZero

Are we certain that JHJ isn’t Kaesae wearing a different (tinfoil) hat? His insistence on posting up any old YouTube rubbish to support his ever-more hysterical conspiracy theories looks very familiar. I mean, Russell Brand for serious commentary on world events? I wouldn’t trust Brand to give an accurate weather forcast for the next couple of hours even if he was looking out of the window! The man is a human-sized cock.
    🙄

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Are we certain that JHJ isn’t Kaesae wearing a different (tinfoil) hat?

scud91hilite
    Free Member

Gosh a lot of tosh…erm. It’s just very sad that we in world like this.
    Off to war we go..we’ve gone months ago joe.

Lets all be grateful for our freedom.

Lots of opinions here and I’m not getting involved.

http://www.forgottenheros.co.uk – a Leeds based charity

support if you feel you can.

thanks

rossi46
    Free Member

RIP Alan Henning- it seems even Al Quieda themselves triedvand failed to get him freed.
    Sad news….

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

RIP Alan Henning- it seems even Al Quieda themselves triedvand failed to get him freed.
    Sad news….

If true, it is indeed terrible, though of course, the beheadings in Saudi Arabia are also deeply troubling.

That said, there is reason to question just how authentic these videos are…

You only have to look into the Babies in incubators incident that was used as a pretext for the 1st Gulf war to see the depths those in power will stoop to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nayirah_%28testimony%29

Particularly of interest:

Hill & Knowlton

In 1990, after being approached by a Kuwaiti expatriate in New York, Hill & Knowlton took on “Citizens for a Free Kuwait.”[38] The objective of the national campaign was to raise awareness in the United States about the dangers posed by Iraqi dictator, Saddam Hussein to Kuwait.[38]

Hill & Knowlton conducted a $1 million study to determine the best way to win support for strong action. H & K had the Wirthington Group conduct focus groups to determine the best strategy that would influence public opinion. The study found that an emphasis on atrocities, particularly the incubator story, was the most effective.

Hill & Knowlton is estimated to have been given as much as $12 million by the Kuwaitis for their public relations campaign.

It is unclear how much of Nayirah’s testimony was coached. Though the firm was supposed to provide only stylistic help, it was reported that H&K “provided witnesses, wrote testimony, and coached the witnesses for effectiveness.”

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 215 total)

The topic ‘ISIS -Islamic State of Iraq and Syria’ is closed to new replies.