Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • ISIS Destroying ancient artifacts.
  • futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

A lot of the statues destroyed in the museum were actually plaster casts, you can see the metal reinforcing rods, after they’ve been shattered.

If ISIS had any brains, they’d sell the stuff on the black market to fund their cause!

ninfan
    Free Member

So can we start bombing Greenpeace for what they did to the Nazca lines?

(I accept the French may have a headstart on this)

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Damn ISI AND U.S.

slidewinder
    Free Member

This ISIS lot are going to be very unpopular if they keep this up!

aracer
    Free Member

Was I the only one hoping one of those statues was going to fall on one of them?

binners

I’ve never forgiven them for their bottom brackets

Hahahaha @ binners

aracer
    Free Member

Personally I always support Goldie.

globalti
    Free Member

I feel sorry for the parents of the three girls and any other gullible young person who’s gone out there. They must be frantic with worry.

ISIS will fail but the cancer won’t be beaten.

CountZero

slowpuncheur – Member
    It saddens me that this has happened but it saddens me more than this desecration has caused so much press uproar whilst the murdering, raping an pillaging goes on unabated and Western society has just kind of accepted it as the norm.

Maybe it’ll mobilise the Daily Fail reading middle classes into action? That’s another venue struck off their gold-plated pension funded cruise itinerary.

Funny how we as a society sometimes hold historic entities and relics in higher regard than human life. That’s no comment on the OP by the way. Just an observation of the press really.
    Really?

slowpuncheur – Member
    Good old STW. Read my post will you? It was an observation of how the press cover stuff like this and how from the outside, it seems to give so much weight to these ancient artefacts which will probably push far more serious reporting off the front page tomorrow.

The one above?
    I seem to have been reading/seeing almost countless items about the relentless butchery of the jihadist fascists over the last year or so, so your comments are clearly nonsense.
    Perhaps you’re just not paying enough attention to what’s actually going on in the media, only to enough to allow you to show some sort of moral outrage.

Northwind

futon river crossing – Member

If ISIS had any brains, they’d sell the stuff on the black market to fund their cause!

They do tons of this too apparently.

ninfan – Member

So can we start bombing Greenpeace for what they did to the Nazca lines?

(I accept the French may have a headstart on this)

Very good 😆

jimjam
    Free Member

globalti – Member

I feel sorry for the parents of the three girls and any other gullible young person who’s gone out there. They must be frantic with worry.

It was the police’s fault apparently.

samunkim
    Free Member

So you are a fanatical type with absolute belief in your omnipotent all powerful god, who has quite noticeably not been to bothered about the statues for the last 2000 years otherwise he/she would have done something “biblical” about them.

Why do ISIS think they have their gods authority to do this now ??

DrJ

Is that the same way that they are responsible for Emwazi becoming a psychopathic killer? These guys need to sort themselves out.

jimjam
    Free Member

DrJ – Member

Is that the same way that they are responsible for Emwazi becoming a psychopathic killer? These guys need to sort themselves out.

No. Quite completely different. The police apparently gave letters to their school, which were given to the girls to deliver to their parents to warn them about potential radicalisation. The police wanted to meet the girls and discuss some things.

The girls didn’t give the letters to their parents = cops fault they went to syria.

However, had the cops succeeding in meeting with them, no doubt that would amount to harassment, and no doubt would have only driven them to Syria, much like it did Emwazi. /sarcasm.

enfht
    Free Member

However, had the cops succeeding in meeting with them, no doubt that would amount to harassment, and no doubt would have only driven them to Syria

+1

outofbreath
    Free Member

The article has been posted on STW and it changed my understanding of ISIS. If correct, it suggests ISIS’s interpretation of Islam is sincere and is coherant. This is actually a great disadvantage to them.

Well worth a read.

http://www.theatlantic.com/features/archive/2015/02/what-isis-really-wants/384980/

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘ISIS Destroying ancient artifacts.’ is closed to new replies.