Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • ISIS brake mount adaptor for non-disc frame
  • jasonl
    Free Member

Hello, all. First post after lurking for a while 🙂

I have an old Kona Kula Easton framed bike that currently runs Magura hydraulic rim brakes, but I have a better set of disc-only wheels I’d like to use. The 1999 frame does not have disc mounts.

I remember seeing adaptors years ago, that somehow fitted to the dropout or hub (?) with a bracing bar going up to the cantilever boss. Could someone tell me if these are still available with a standard ISIS mount, and do they work well? Are there any gotchas to consider, eg. size of dropout faces, etc? Should I forget the idea? Anyone running one?

Jason

Davesport

Santa Cruz Butcher <Sticks tongue out > 😀

You know it makes sense 😆

yodagoat
    Free Member

Santa Claus Bummer? Isisisis mounts?
    I’d forget the idea and buy a pink 456 to stick yer wheels on.
    Anything else would just be shite.
    😆

jasonl
    Free Member

Meh 😛 😀

Prob make more sense to get a new frame TBH, but got to investigate the options. Obviously wouldn’t buy a pink one though, Mike, you big girl 😆

yodagoat
    Free Member

Glow in the dark?
    sick…

CraigW
    Free Member

There is this A2Z adapter available: http://www.dotbike.com/ProductsP5310.aspx

yodagoat
    Free Member
    yodagoat
    Free Member

ignore that, I don’t think its what you are looking for. You might get some info on retrobike though.

jasonl
    Free Member

Thanks Craig.

That adaptor looks like it puts all the torque into the side of the chainstay though, which I’m not sure is a good thing on a thin-walled frame not designed for it 😕

jasonl
    Free Member

Think I’ve found what I was thinking of, but appears to only be available for post mount:

2bTherapy Brake Adaptor

jasonl
    Free Member

Thanks Craig.

That adaptor looks like it puts all the torque into the side of the chainstay seat stay though, which I’m not sure is a good thing on a thin-walled frame not designed for it 😕
    When I said chainstay, I meant seat stay 🙄

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘ISIS brake mount adaptor for non-disc frame’ is closed to new replies.