Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Is your local news biging up the snow?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Saw the end of the world, dogs living with cats report on the snow on the Dunstable Downs. And how every school has closed and we’re all going to die.
    Well I’d just like to say I had a nice little pootle on my bicycle up there, and then after a nice cup of coffee (funny how coffee shops in the middle of the woods can keep going) I pootled down the biggest hill by road in the area.

Drac

Treacherous!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

BBC South Today were trying to hype how treacherous the roads were, as cycle commuters whizzed by behind the reporter…

CountZero

The industrial estate where I work had the main access road cleared today, but that was it. As a result, a delivery truck slid sideways, and the trailer wrote off the car belonging to a work collegue. The driver hadn’t even noticed… 🙄

oldgit
    Free Member

I did cut my ear rather badly on foliage weighed down under the snow.

mamadirt
    Free Member

A FORECASTER has warned a ‘snow bomb’ could fall on Gwent, dumping large amounts of snow.

Jonathan Powell, a forecaster at Vantage Weather said: “There is a chance a ‘snow bomb’ could dump a lot of snow over South Wales early Tuesday morning, but it could go east and miss us. 🙄 . . . watch out Gloucestershire! 😆

Same chap reported on Thursday

“It will be a severe weather event and to be blunt, we’re in for a pasting. It’ll be absolute chaos on the roads at rush hour and I expect to see a raft of school closures.”

Disappointed I saw no ‘rush hour’ or indeed ‘absolute chaos’ on Friday but still holding out hope for the snow bomb tomorrow 😛

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Not everywhere in this country has snow, so………..no.

IdleJon

I rode up to my local trails yesterday, 200m of climbing, no snow on the trails themselves but plenty on the surrounding vegetation.

I saw more people walking up there in 2 hours than I’ve seen all winter and two people told me how hardcore I was! Harcore? For riding in the cold?

The forecast is certainly making people think that they are Scott of The Antarctic if they venture further than their garden gate.

oldgit
    Free Member

I’m getting a North face ad over to the side there with a geezer all roped up, axe and crampons the lot. Is some one trying to be bleedin funny.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Is your local news biging up the snow?’ is closed to new replies.