PP where on earth did you get the idea for this post from.......
Is your bike obsolete? Join the club!
oh! my bike went out of production in 08, is that me in?
I still ride my 1984 Wicked Fat. And it's still my favourite.
My main bike has a frame that was designed in about 1999/2000, a suspension fork that was designed in about 2001, runs 02 XTR shifters and rear mech and sub 700mm bars.
I will concede that the bars are oversized though, and I've got tubeless tyres on it.
- 25.4mm narrow flat bars
- 90mm stem
- bar ends
- 1994 Hope mechanical disc brake front hub
- normal QR front and rear
- Inner tubes
- new steel frame
- 2nd hand 2007 Magura Menja (100mm)
- mix of brakes Hope Mono Mini Pro/Oldish Mono M4
- Middleburn Uno on square taper
- Schwalbe King Jim tyres (used to be 'massive' at 2.35" - now look normal-->narrow)...
Does this make me eligible or just mixed up?
My current road bike is a 1987 Cannondale with 2x6 105 drivetrain - that should count...
Andy, totally out of the blue mate....
at what point does an obsolete bike become a retro bike?
This topic has been closed to new replies.