Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 244 total)
  • Is voting for UKIP wrong?
  • chewkw
    Free Member

Folks,

Warning long thread/rant whatever. Don’t read it if you are lazy.

As per title thread, yes, yes, I know many left wing folks here so good time to ask a Sunday question. Please bear in mind I not aligned to left, centre or right etc … I just don’t like ZM bureaucrats.

The story goes like this I just had a “heated” conversation with a Conservative friend of mine where I was asked who I was going to vote. Me said UKIP. He went ape shite saying that defense budget would be cut and there would be no future deterrent and we were all going to be screwed etc if Labour got into power with their bloated public spending spend culture and we would all be unemployed etc. According to him Tory was the less damaging of all parties etc … and I was a Johnny Foreigner who were not grateful to the Queen and the Brits blah blah blah … idiot me, go home, SNP lover etc … yes, those sort conversation.

My question is this why are people so concerned about someone voting for UKIP?

In my case it is only my single vote and besides it’s like me voting for Monster Loony party where the impact is practically none. If someone can vote for Monster Loony then why can’t I vote for UKIP? I am not voting for pseudo BNP as far as I know but some would say I was doing exactly that. 😯

Anyway, in a democratic society (yes, democracy) aren’t people entitled to vote for any party of their choice? Isn’t it better than not voting at all then complain later? I mean I will accept whoever come into power etc.

On the other hand I can also vote for a pro-EU party like Labour or some ultra pro-EU party that advocate free boarder. Yes, as an economy immigrant I can compete so that’s not a major problem. Pain in the arse to compete with everyone, immigrant or not, but so be it. As I am here for the economy and money absolutely, I managed to get here because I fulfilled all the bureaucratic rules (legally and not some one jumped out of the back of lorry) and ended up working as minor ZM bureaucrat just to earn a peanut living but I abide by all Brit’s rules as I cannot afford to be punished to “pay” my way through. I am here because I can legally and am not here for your welfare or to be fed freely. I work to feed myself btw. The reason I come is simply that the ZM infestation in my hometown is so bad the place is waiting to be annexed by some rouge militants in future. I thought since nobody was going to arm me then I would be a sitting duck if I were to stay so decided to venture for “greener” pasture while I still have my bureaucratic knowledge intact.

Therefore, if a party is deemed not worthy of the public vote i.e. prove to be racist etc, then why not ban them? If you ban them then aren’t you turning your back on democracy? If you don’t ban them then people should abide by the democratic principle is it not?

Over to you …

🙄

footflaps

Yes

nealglover
    Free Member

It’s not “wrong” to vote for them.

But people are allowed to disagree with your choice without you needing to rant/moan about it online.

Hth

chewkw
    Free Member

footflaps – Member

Yes

😛 That’s quick.

nealglover – Member

It’s not “wrong” to vote for them.

But people are allowed to disagree with your choice without you needing to rant/moan about it online.

Hth

The problem is that I said I will vote UKIP then everyone (not you lot) went ape shite by asking me to justify my reasons. Do I have to? I did not ask them theirs … 🙄 Some dare not even tell me who they voted for in the past election …

My other colleague is ultra left by the way and he earns much much more than I do. Far more entrepreneurial than my Tory colleague … 😆

footflaps

The problem is that I said I will vote UKIP then everyone (not you lot) went ape shite by asking me to justify my reasons.

No need, you’re most likely a closet racist, incredibly stupid, or possibly both.

Can you seriously imagine that bunch of racist morons actually running the country? They’d drag up back to the 14th century quicker than a nuclear holocaust.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Less wrong than voting labour, but almost as pointless as voting green.

kudos100
    Free Member

Not wrong, but it does show that you are a moron, unless it is a protest vote 😉

jamj1974

I believe you are likely to be in the same position as a turkey voting for Christmas…

Mike_D
    Free Member

Do I dare enquire what “ZM” means?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

You vote for who you want. It’s no worse than voting for some party because you always have, or not for a party because they had a leader 30 years ago you didn’t like.

A good result for UKIP might shake up the usual suspects; which they so badly need.

chewkw
    Free Member

footflaps – Member
    No need, you’re most likely a closet racist, incredibly stupid, or possibly both.

Can you seriously imagine that bunch of racist morons actually running the country? They’d drag up back to the 14th century quicker than a nuclear holocaust.

Interesting view that. Rather similar to Tory colleague’s view.

Others please keep the comments coming good or bad.

🙂

edit:

Mike_D – Member

Do I dare enquire what “ZM” means?

Zombie Maggots.

Drac

Yes.

Ukip health policy couldn’t be clearer. Nigel Farage has already said that he wants to “move to an insurance-based system of healthcare”, much like the system in the USA. It will mean an end to our universal healthcare system and the emergence of two-tier health care.

chewkw
    Free Member

jamj1974 – Member

I believe you are likely to be in the same position as a turkey voting for Christmas…

😆 True, true …

Drac – Moderator

Yes.

Health care insurance … I am already paying for everything at the moment and I earn peanuts.

allthepies
    Free Member

He doesn’t want to do that BTW.

brooess
    Free Member

Vote how you like, there’s nothing wrong about it.

However, well worth reading this profile of him in the FT. Note that for all his ‘man of the people’ image, he went to Dulwich College – a public school and is an ex City boy so in social background, he’s very close to the Tories and on that front voting for him is not really voting for change.

Nigel Farage

Also note that right-wing parties are on the rise throughout Europe – not dissimilar pattern to the 1930’s – economic depression followed by popular resentment. So UKIP rise is not because they have any particular positive solutions to the problems we face, more that Nigel has tapped into that popular resentment and said the right things to those people to get himself political power.

Much as I find his politics distasteful, the main reason to avoid him IMO is he’s a charlatan – he pretends to care about people and pretends to be different to the political establishment and pretends to have solutions to some pretty massive problems – when he’s actually very close to the existing establishment and is simply riding a wave of popular discontent which is driven mainly by macro economic, technological and demographic changes (globalisation, automation of jobs, ageing population) which is sweeping across the Western world and tbh it’s beyond the ability of any government to hold these forces back.

Personally I don’t know who to vote for, I don’t think any party knows how to manage the state the UK’s in and UKIP are more of a vanity project for Nigel Farage than a breath of fresh air with real leadership and a vision for Britain

jamj1974

True, true …

With one immigrant parent I’d be trying to choose which 50% of me I’d let them deport if UKIP had serious influence! I would probably try and get rid of a lot of my “blubber”…

nealglover
    Free Member

I said I will vote UKIP then everyone (not you lot) went ape shite by asking me to justify my reasons.

They probably previously thought you were intelligent, and were surprised that you were voting UKIP.

Maybe they thought you didn’t understand what UKIP stand for (I’m not sure you do either?) and that they could help you out if you had misunderstood (it seems like you may have?)

Suggsey
    Free Member

I say vote for who you want to vote for based on your beliefs not on anyone else’s views/beliefs/political persuasion. We all have our own agendas and all have our own sometimes misguided beliefs that ours must be the right one!
    All I would say is please read all the parties actual manifestos…….they will ALL at some point make you roll your eyes. Some parties have ludicrous idyllic beliefs/aims that would never be achievable, some middle ground and some with sensible overall manifestos. It actually made me vote, as I saw it sensibly at our last elections. I will do the same this time round.
    From my reading of UKIPs manifesto a year or so ago I pesronally doubt that they could run more than a piss up in a brewery, but that’s my opinion of course 😆

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Is voting for UKIP wrong?

Well you tell us at every given opportunity that you have voted UKIP and intend to vote UKIP in the future so I guess that it depends on what your goal is.

If it’s to sound controversial and solicit a reaction then I suggest that you consider upping the antes a tad as the shock factor almost certainly diminishes with every time you announce that you support UKIP.

💡 Perhaps declare your support for the EDL ?

allthegear
    Free Member

Why not use something like http://voteforpolicies.org to help you decide?

Rachel

allthepies
    Free Member

I *think* he did that and UKIP came top by a long way.

so chookoo, allthegear sez vote UKIP!

😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes he does he was even clear about this being his view [ insurance] when he announced UKIP had outvoted him on the issue. This was last week on Radio 4 – i can get the link if you really want to hear him say it.

They probably previously thought you were intelligent,

I didn’t
    HTH
    😉

chewkw
    Free Member

jamj1974 – Member

True, true …

With one immigrant parent I’d be trying to choose which 50% of me I’d let them deport if UKIP had serious influence! I would probably try and get rid of a lot of my “blubber”… [/quote]

Ya, I know your feeling as you are neither here nor there. Just like my Norwegian friend who was born to one immigrant parent who could not fit in either way. He was so stressed about where he lived or come from. I have many friends like that so I do feel for them.

My view is that just relax and go with the one that accept you more.

ernie_lynch – Member
    Perhaps declare your support for the EDL ?

I am not that narrow minded by the way.

I can easily vote pro-EU with no boarder to be honest and welcome everyone in.

My view is voting for UKIP is doing the local a favour since not many dare to voice their concern honestly.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

I’m probably going to vote UKIP as a protest vote. I’m fortunate enough to be in a ward where my vote will actually make a difference. The Tory candidate posted a very factually incorrect scare story about the industry I “work” for and the current LibDem incumbent was towing the party line when I wrote to him twice about the forest sell off.

I’d like to think that a UKIP MP in my marginal would be a bloody nose at the three main parties and make them realise they have to listen to the people.

Wishful thinking? Possibly but I cannot at present bring myself to vote for the 3 main parties.

Rorschach
    Free Member

No….and if you can wear a T-shirt with it on then normal people will know to avoid you (and it’s more hygienic than drooling).

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Vote as you see fit.

No one else’s business.

Drac

Ah really? That’s exactly what Farage wants to do.

chewkw
    Free Member

allthegear – Member

Why not use something like http://voteforpolicies.org to help you decide?

Rachel

I did.

My result is 83% UKIP and 17% Conservative.

😯

Junkyard – lazarus

They probably previously thought you were intelligent,

I didn’t
    HTH[/quote]

If you need intelligent to vote then we are surely doomed …

allthegear
    Free Member

allthepies – I *think* he did that and UKIP came top by a long way.
    so chookoo, allthegear sez vote UKIP!

If you’ve done your research properly and the results say UKIP then yes, vote for them.

I’d much rather people voted for who they really wanted than vote “tactically”. All a tactical vote can possibly get you is someone you don’t really want. At least give yourself a *chance* to get what you want, no matter how slim you think that cance might be – if everyone did that, the odds dramatically improve!

Rachel (who happens to be the Green candidate for Old Gaywood, to be clear)

allthepies
    Free Member

*applauds*

blacknose
    Free Member

If you vote for dirty fascists you’ll get treated like a dirty fascist.

always bash the fash

chewkw
    Free Member

allthegear – Member

If you’ve done your research properly and the results say UKIP then yes, vote for them.

I just answered all the questions presented to me from the website to see who I would end up with and answered those questions as I saw fit i.e. more applicable and make sense to me.

😯

edit:

allthegear – Member

Rachel (who happens to be the Green candidate for Old Gaywood, to be clear)

One of my friend in Brighton is die hard Green party supporter by the way. 😀

instanthit
    Free Member

Wriong, definitely.
    This is based on conversations with my neighbour who has stood as a local MP.
    Don’t do it.

jambourgie
    Free Member

allthegear – Member

Old Gaywood

That’s never a real place.

allthegear
    Free Member

I hope it is – Ive just delivered 250 leaflets!!

Drac

allthegear – Member

You forgot chewkw’s house.

convert

One of the best bits about our democracy is that it gives great freedom for the citizens of the nation to hold and voice opinions and I would defend your right to do just that. I guess that’s why so many persecuted folk from other parts of the world are prepared to put themselves through hell to live here…..but that’s a seperate debate.

Having said that, whilst you may hold those views and vote the way you choose, it won’t stop the rest of us thinking you are a bigoted moron with simplistic opinions based around sweeping generalisation and mistruths. Give me an immigrant neighbour everyday over a ukip voting arsehole. In fact, a swap system would be brilliant- we get a hard working, initiative taking new member of our community and they get our hard of thinking detritus.

chewkw
    Free Member

blacknose – Member

If you vote for dirty fascists you’ll get treated like a dirty fascist.

always bash the fash

I think we have moved a long way from fascism don’t you think so? 😕

Drac – Moderator

allthegear – Member

You forgot chewkw’s house. [/quote]

I would offer her a cup of tea.

😛

brooess
    Free Member

I’d like to think that a UKIP MP in my marginal would be a bloody nose at the three main parties and make them realise they have to listen to the people.

So long as you understand that UKIP/Farage are no more ‘of the people’ than either David Cameron or Nick Clegg – only Miliband comes close…

Cameron: Eton (Public School)
    Clegg: Caldicott School + Westminster School (Independent)
    Miliband: Primrose Hill Primary and Haverstock Comprehensive (State School)
    Farage: Dulwich College (Public School)

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Yes. UKIP give the reasoned opposition to the European Superstate a bad name.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 244 total)

The topic ‘Is voting for UKIP wrong?’ is closed to new replies.