Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Is troutie about right now?
  • mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Or anyone who might have a spare Taskled board and a MCPCB and optic? Australia is such a long time away with cutter orders.

stevied
    Free Member

What do you need mikey? Not heard from Troutie for quite a while now 🙁 I’ve got a few bits going spare..

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I have a Hope Hid which needs an upgrade so I need led boad + optics and a driver board if possible?

stevied
    Free Member

Doubt I’ve got the bits you need then, sorry. I’ve emailed him a few times about some bits for my new build but not heard anything for about 2 weeks or more 🙁

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I’ve dropped him an email, he’s local to me so I might pop in and see if he’s about.

trout
    Free Member

Mikey-simmo

Should be able to sort you out if you pop in and have a rummage .

Sorry Steve been mega busy on away contracts so have spent little time in my own bed are you still wanting the Lflex and other bits .

stevied
    Free Member

Hi Chris
    Yep, still interested in the bits. Drop me an email 🙂

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Any evening that’s good for you?

Mowgli
    Free Member

Troutie, sorry to hassle you on here but please respond to my emails. I don’t even know if you received my light which I posted over two weeks ago. Not in a huge rush to have it back, but I do want to know it’s been safely received. If you’re not going to have time to fix it that’s fine, just post it back.

Thanks

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Mowgli – Member

Troutie, sorry to hassle you on here but please respond to my email

Me too, sorry Troutie, but have you recieved my email that I sent yesterday?

Mowgli
    Free Member

Bump

Mowgli
    Free Member

Not really sure what to do here now. I know Chris is a good guy and certainly not going to rip anyone off, but I paid well over £200 for my light and I still don’t even know if he has received it or not (for repair – he told me to send to him a month ago).

Anyone local able to have a word if you see him, just a quick email would set my mind at ease.

Ta

Matt24k
    Free Member

I think there is a clue in Trout’s post

Sorry Steve been mega busy on away contracts so have spent little time in my own bed

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

^^ Understood none of that.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

bit crappy given the liberator was around £300, id be pretty pee’d off TBH

always a risk buying off a one man bandit i guess, hes a nice chap though im sure he’ll come good, but again i’d not be best pleased, especially if we were in the thick of winter with dark nights and only that light to use, luckily most wont need a light now, but its not the point

smudge
    Free Member

Ive just spoken to Troutie.

He is currently working away from home in the Lake District with very limited or no internet access.

He does appologise for not answering to any recent emails, but will do when he next gets home.

Troutie is a carpet fitter by trade, the lights were only a hobby that grew and grew to what it is today, Like you all know he will get round to answering your emails, repairs & orders. But work comes first at the moment.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Troutie is a carpet fitter by trade, the lights were only a hobby that grew and grew to what it is today, Like you all know he will get round to answering your emails, repairs & orders. But work comes first at the moment.

hobby or not he was selling them as a ‘business’ with a webshop etc

i dunno i just think its a bit pants TBH, ive got a mate in a similar boat, and hes quite relaxed about it not having had an answer for a few weeks, i’d certainly not be relaxed about it thats for sure

you pay your money etc, and im not slagging him off, he obviously for whatever reason needs to work (as well as the lights) like everyone else, but i’d at least expect the level of service i received when i bought the thing

Mowgli
    Free Member

Thanks for calling Smudge – I have no doubt he’ll sort it out eventually, and as you say I don’t need it for riding any more.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Quietly shaking my head at all this, you wouldn’t believe the quality of service people off here have received with products which most companies would consider well out of warranty and fair game to charge you a pile to fix. See cheap chinese lights for details.

Not everyone spends their days sat in front of a keyboard answering every single email as it drops. If he’s working in the lake district then I doubt he’ll get 1G let alone 3 and if your working away fitting floors you’ll be stunned to learn, you don’t do it with an I pad stuck up your arse!

Give the guy a break, he’ll be back and the light will be fixed and I doubt you’ll be charged a fortune – Or you can buy a chinese copy which will last about a month in the rain.

easygirl

I’ve got 3 Chinese lights, had 1 for 2 years and the others overv12 months
    No problems at all

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I am trying to buy a trout light but can’t get a reply.

I wonder what has happened, as you can normally get some service in the lake district, assuming that he is up there for an extended period.

Maybe he doesn’t have a smartphone – is that possible these days???

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I notice that Trout has lost his LED mojo and is now into making beer:

http://forums.mtbr.com/lights-diy-do-yourself/troutie-you-ok-850714-post10340869.html#post10340869

looks like I am gonna have to go for a gloworm…

Luminous
    Free Member

TurnerGuy. What is it you’re looking for ?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I was wanting a (non-chinese) light but I thought I would go for one of trouts creations as I sort of like that cottage industry type thing.

Emailed him about a broken link on his site to the liberator and also about actually ordering one, but no reply.

Just spotted that other link, which sort of explains it.

neninja
    Free Member

Premier members get 10% discount on Gloworm lights – the code is on the CRGMoto Tuesday treats from a couple of months back.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Ordered a gloworm package 🙂

Was thinking also of the Gemini but it is only IP65, which means withstanding a gentle water jet, but I am not sure if some of the recent rain would count as that. Plus some guy on Evans (or wiggle) had one fail on him after some rain…

Commonwealth, nearly as good as buying British…

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Is troutie about right now?’ is closed to new replies.