Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Is top out on forks normal
  • astura
    Free Member

I have a pair of marz z1 sport with 150mm travel, they seem to top out when lifting off a jump. Is this normal?

johnfb
    Free Member

my Z1 FR2s do that too! I didn't think it was normal but haven't let it bother me.

astura
    Free Member

Oh ok fine. What air pressure do you use in which leg as I am trying to set these up? I currently got them set up with no air just on the coil.

ahwiles
    Free Member

it's perfectly normal if they're not working very well…

toys19
    Free Member

not enough negative air

johnfb
    Free Member

No negative spring on mine. I run the yellow spring in the rebound (left) leg and about 12-15psi, no spring, in the other (right) one. Weigh about 12st kitted up.

toys19
    Free Member

doh sorry thought it was an air fork. I had marz fr Z1 superlight which did exactly this, but it had positive and negative air chambers, it only happened if the air pressure in the neg chamber was too low.

astura
    Free Member

I just spoke with TFT tuned over the forks they said that top out is just something these forks do, so he advised removing all air out and just using on the coil. So il give that a go.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Possibly not enough oil in the forks, or you could try slowing the rbound damping down a bit.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Is top out on forks normal’ is closed to new replies.