Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Is Tony Blair a psychopath? (Watching psychopath documentary on TV)
  • oldmanmtb
    Free Member

I think he is – based on psycho “checklist”

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Yes, just been looking at the checklist as well, looks like he’s a psychopath rather than a sociopath too.

zippykona

He’s definitely a ****.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I reckon the majority of politicians are psycopaths.

grum
    Free Member

What TV show is this? Jon Ronson?

looks like he’s a psychopath rather than a sociopath too.

Hmmm I thought the two terms were used interchangeably.

In answer to the OP’s question. IANAP ( 🙂 ) but I suspect not, he’s just monumentally arrogant.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Nope, he’s definitely fit to stand trial.

brooess
    Free Member

There was a profile on TB last Xmas in The Economist which suggested that he’d had an affair with Wendy Deng. Wendy Deng was the woman who thumped the guy who shoved a pie in the face of Rupert Murdoch when he was being interviewed by the MPs re the hacking scandal. At the time she was married to Rupert Murdoch but she no longer is…

IMHO only someone with a supreme sense of self-belief would be daft enough to have an affair with the wife of someone as ruthless as Rupert Murdoch 🙂

There was also a quote attributed to Mo Mowlem I believe, which said something like ‘the problem with Tony, is he thinks he’s Jesus’. Make of that what you will…

Junkyard
    Free Member

😆 @ ernie

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Not sure arrogant covers it – I think his denial of any responsibility for any of the decisions he took while PM sends him into psycho category

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

‘the problem with Tony, is he thinks he’s Jesus’. Make of that what you will…

I make that to mean that he brought a message of peace and goodwill throughout the Middle East.

brooess
    Free Member

I make that to mean that he brought a message of peace and goodwill throughout the Middle East.

🙂

iolo
    Free Member

Heres the checklist

The Hare Psychopathy Checklist – Revised

GLIB and SUPERFICIAL CHARM — The tendency to be smooth, engaging, charming, slick, and verbally facile. Psychopathic charm is not in the least shy, self-conscious, or afraid to say anything. A psychopath never gets tongue-tied. They have freed themselves from the social conventions about taking turns in talking, for example.

GRANDIOSE SELF-WORTH — A grossly inflated view of one’s abilities and self-worth, self-assured, opinionated, cocky, a braggart. Psychopaths are arrogant people who believe they are superior human beings.

NEED FOR STIMULATION or PRONENESS TO BOREDOM — An excessive need for novel, thrilling, and exciting stimulation; taking chances and doing things that are risky. Psychopaths often have low self-discipline in carrying tasks through to completion because they get bored easily. They fail to work at the same job for any length of time, for example, or to finish tasks that they consider dull or routine.

PATHOLOGICAL LYING — Can be moderate or high; in moderate form, they will be shrewd, crafty, cunning, sly, and clever; in extreme form, they will be deceptive, deceitful, underhanded, unscrupulous, manipulative, and dishonest.

CONNING AND MANIPULATIVENESS — The use of deceit and deception to cheat, con, or defraud others for personal gain; distinguished from Item #4 in the degree to which exploitation and callous ruthlessness is present, as reflected in a lack of concern for the feelings and suffering of one’s victims.

LACK OF REMORSE OR GUILT — A lack of feelings or concern for the losses, pain, and suffering of victims; a tendency to be unconcerned, dispassionate, cold-hearted, and non-empathic. This item is usually demonstrated by a disdain for one’s victims.

SHALLOW AFFECT — Emotional poverty or a limited range or depth of feelings; interpersonal coldness in spite of signs of open gregariousness.

CALLOUSNESS and LACK OF EMPATHY — A lack of feelings toward people in general; cold, contemptuous, inconsiderate, and tactless.

PARASITIC LIFESTYLE — An intentional, manipulative, selfish, and exploitative financial dependence on others as reflected in a lack of motivation, low self-discipline, and inability to begin or complete responsibilities.

POOR BEHAVIORAL CONTROLS — Expressions of irritability, annoyance, impatience, threats, aggression, and verbal abuse; inadequate control of anger and temper; acting hastily.

PROMISCUOUS SEXUAL BEHAVIOR — A variety of brief, superficial relations, numerous affairs, and an indiscriminate selection of sexual partners; the maintenance of several relationships at the same time; a history of attempts to sexually coerce others into sexual activity or taking great pride at discussing sexual exploits or conquests.

EARLY BEHAVIOR PROBLEMS — A variety of behaviors prior to age 13, including lying, theft, cheating, vandalism, bullying, sexual activity, fire-setting, glue-sniffing, alcohol use, and running away from home.

LACK OF REALISTIC, LONG-TERM GOALS — An inability or persistent failure to develop and execute long-term plans and goals; a nomadic existence, aimless, lacking direction in life.

IMPULSIVITY — The occurrence of behaviors that are unpremeditated and lack reflection or planning; inability to resist temptation, frustrations, and urges; a lack of deliberation without considering the consequences; foolhardy, rash, unpredictable, erratic, and reckless.

IRRESPONSIBILITY — Repeated failure to fulfill or honor obligations and commitments; such as not paying bills, defaulting on loans, performing sloppy work, being absent or late to work, failing to honor contractual agreements.

FAILURE TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR OWN ACTIONS — A failure to accept responsibility for one’s actions reflected in low conscientiousness, an absence of dutifulness, antagonistic manipulation, denial of responsibility, and an effort to manipulate others through this denial.

MANY SHORT-TERM MARITAL RELATIONSHIPS — A lack of commitment to a long-term relationship reflected in inconsistent, undependable, and unreliable commitments in life, including marital.

JUVENILE DELINQUENCY — Behavior problems between the ages of 13-18; mostly behaviors that are crimes or clearly involve aspects of antagonism, exploitation, aggression, manipulation, or a callous, ruthless tough-mindedness.

REVOCATION OF CONDITION RELEASE — A revocation of probation or other conditional releases due to technical violations, such as carelessness, low deliberation, or failing to appear.

CRIMINAL VERSATILITY — A diversity of types of criminal offenses, regardless if the person has been arrested or convicted for them; taking great pride at getting away with crimes.The word psychopath can be replaced with the word sociopath throughout this page. The meaning is very similar, if not the same.

jambalaya
    Free Member

He most definiteoy does not think he’s Jesus nor indeed is he a physcopath. Brown would have lead Britain into Iraq if he’d been PM at the time.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

LACK OF REALISTIC, LONG-TERM GOALS

He definitely fails on that one. He’s done pretty well for himself.

epicyclo

Mass murdering war criminal.

nickc

No.

Proper Psychopaths could never be politicians.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Realistically, we’d need to know the guy personally to really judge this.

🙂

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Why can’t politicians be psychopaths? I think you would need to be one to succeed and rise within the party ranks, and certainly to be PM you’d have to be up there on the scale – thick skinned, no remorse or empathy for those who stand in your way. It has politics written all over it. Even if you’re not a career politician and in it to genuinely try to improve things – look at Corbyn for example: a principled man mercilessly pursuing his own agenda irrespective of anybody else views (including the electorate or his own party as long as he has an email from Dorothy from Doncaster), shows no remorse for those who oppose him and happy to see them bullied etc. even though he wouldn’t do the bullying himself as it would harm his own chances too much. What bout Ed Miliband – he shafted his own brother. These supposedly principled politicians to me look every bit psychopathic as any ‘nasty tory’.

BigDummy
    Free Member

look at Corbyn for example: a principled man mercilessly pursuing his own agenda irrespective of anybody else views

In fairness, if Corbyn has been mercilessly pursuing an agenda, he pursued it quite slowly for the first 20-odd of his years in parliament.

🙂

MoreCashThanDash

From my CBT course this year, most successful people – managers, businessmen and presumably politicians score quite high on psychopathy tests.

Just depends how much power they then get to wield.

grum
    Free Member

Hilarious wobbliscott, great trolling…

Oh wait, you weren’t serious were you? 😆

MSP

I remember seeing something a couple of years back that apparently researched careers with the most individuals that had the traits of a psychopath, and while politicians were pretty high on the list iirc surgeons came in 2nd and the police topped the list.

crankboy
    Free Member

Wobbliscott does demonstrate the problem with the Heres test being used in pop psychology it is very easy to apply it subjectively and seek behaviours in the subject to make the argument. via work I have access to a more sophisticated one,same test but questions to answer with weighting.
    Even then when we apply it to clients for a laugh we get different answers to the psychiatrists we pay to apply it , the psychiatrists tend to be less likely to disgnose as a pycopath than the layman/me.
    For the little it is worth I think Blair is a psycho!
    Edited to remove the signs of dislexia/auto correct I could spot.

neilthewheel

Looking through that list, I think I may be a psycho.
    Hello, mother!

ninfan
    Free Member

Not sure arrogant covers it – I think his denial of any responsibility for any of the decisions he took while PM sends him into psycho category

What decisions did he make?

Blair did nothing without cabinet backing (collective responsibility) and his biggest mistakes all had Parliamentary approval.

Why do ‘the left’ always try and personalise issues and lay blame on an individual rather than admit their own culpability and collusion? There must be a psychological term for that!

Junkyard
    Free Member

What decisions did he make?

Not one the PM Literally does **** all

Blair did nothing without cabinet backing (collective responsibility) and his biggest mistakes all had Parliamentary approval.

Thanks you Tories and he does not think ot was a mistake

Why do ‘the left’ always try and personalise issues and lay blame on an individual rather than admit their own culpability and collusion? There must be a psychological term for that!

there is and its desperate attention seeking trolling

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Fair point ninfan if you just look at the decision rather than the lobbying, threats, disinformation, lies Tony used to get the decision he wanted, most corporate psycos still require a board to vote to get a decision they require. Just for the record I am not from the left or right my views are based on my experience over the last 50 odd years (I also have met Tony Blair and not just in passing in the 90s at a small business event – first impressions turned out to be spot on)

5thElefant
    Free Member

In fairness, if Corbyn has been mercilessly pursuing an agenda, he pursued it quite slowly for the first 20-odd of his years in parliament.

Nobody accused him of being competent. 😀

footflaps

The problem with Jesus is he thinks he’s Tony Blair.

binners

Are you here all week?

binners

Looking at the list on that documentary last night, it would seem to be applicable to the entire banking sector, and most of the corporate boardrooms in the country

PJM1974
    Free Member

Blair later denied that he was a “complete and utter throbbing bellend”.

ninfan
    Free Member

Are you here all week?

As Ed’s more electable brother asked – You voted for it, why are you clapping?

It’s a valid question to all of Blairs detractors surely?

Go on Binners – you voted for Blair, what changed?

Just imagine if the Tories all sat there saying “Thatcher?, no, we never supported Thatcher, all that closing of mines and poll tax rubbish was her idea, nowt to do with us, complete psychopath, no, we backed Hesletine”

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member

He most definiteoy does not think he’s Jesus nor indeed is he a physcopath.

There you go, conclusive proof that Blair thinks he’s a psychopathic Jesus

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Have you never done Psychological Profiling? The majority of CEO’s etc are Psychopaths, as are surgeons.

MSP

you voted for Blair, what changed?

Well when those of us who voted for him, were then able to judge him on his actions rather than his rhetoric we found he came up short.

It’s something people who are not psychopaths can do, see the mistakes they have made and admit to them.

binners

you voted for Blair, what changed?

Hang on a minute…. I’m just trying to recall why I voted for him. I think there were a few reasons…. I’ll see if I can think of them…..

dannyh
    Free Member

Breathtakingly good stuff from ernie-lynch on page 1. Every at bat is a home run. Well played sir.

El-bent
    Free Member

Well when those of us who voted for him, were then able to judge him on his actions rather than his rhetoric we found he came up short.

It’s something people who are not psychopaths can do, see the mistakes they have made and admit to them.

Some people on “the left” can look at things objectively, but:

Just imagine if the Tories all sat there saying “Thatcher?, no, we never supported Thatcher, all that closing of mines and poll tax rubbish was her idea, nowt to do with us, complete psychopath, no, we backed Hesletine”

Ardent right wingers never admit that Thatcher did wrong, even if the mistakes of the past are biting hard into our collective ar*es today.

Binners is right, through our negligence, we have let the wrong people run business and politics, is it any wonder the world is a mess?

ninfan
    Free Member

“Look bitch, you knew I was a snake!”

[video]http://youtu.be/RuHK8iROgJ0[/video]

All too often, the people who are calling him a c*** now, are the same ones who kept voting Labour regardless, so have to accept their own culpability – personally I would suggest that that is the primary reason for their vitriolic hatred of Blair, its easier to displace blame on to him than shoulder it themselves (arguably it’s the modern way, to paint yourself as the victim of an unassailable force that you couldn’t stop, like blaming the bank for letting you get into credit card debt)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Is Tony Blair a psychopath? (Watching psychopath documentary on TV)’ is closed to new replies.