Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Is ton buying a deisel car worthy of a 5 page argument?
  • mitsumonkey
    Free Member

His original threads been closed, he only wanted to let us know he’d bought a car.
    5 pages of arguing, was it warranted?
    Yes or no!

(Not the car I’m sure it got a warranty)

shifter
    Free Member

Ton and Diesel are proper nouns. A bit of grammar pedantry should kick off another five pages of wasted internet.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’ve not read it but I feel it could be important. Maybe someone could do a 2 page summary of the key points in case anyone missed it

bikebouy
    Free Member

Some of the points in both arguments were quite good and informative, but as is typical a slanging match ensued and quite rightly it got closed.

But did we ever find out what car Ton actually bought ? It’s all I want to know.

sbob
    Free Member

No.
    If question = car, answer = stonking V8.
    Petrol.

jekkyl

as soon as someone says ‘you’re talking rubbish’ the person who was talking rubbish gets mildly offended and argues back with a slightly more insulting comeback and then it just spirals into shite!

bruneep

That’s rubbish ^ 🙄

😉

wilburt
    Free Member

The arguments as always were based each contributor trying too hard to find the 5% of comments that didnt align even if it wasn’t relavant to their point they were making.
    The general tone was shrill and uncomprimising with few personal insults so
    I opted out.

Thats my choice as it is anyone elses so I wouldn’t have closed it but the mod makes a fair point, why should he read through a load of windbags rantings to
    make the desicion, just close it and go to bed.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Here is a picture of Ton’s purchase. I think in all the handbag waving he got some mixed messages but being STW the word Audi got through 😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

People were baffled by depth of knowledge challenging pre conceived ideals then some one threw their toys out and locked it.

legend
    Free Member

jekkyl – Member
    as soon as someone says ‘you’re talking rubbish’ the person who was talking rubbish gets mildly offended and argues back with a slightly more insulting comeback and then it just spirals into shite!

That’s just silly, we all know that various people enter each thread pre-offended so they can get off to a flying start

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

lazybike
    Free Member

Much as I like this forum it does get a bit silly sometimes, and dare I say…heavily moderated.

ElShalimo

I just hope that Cougar sent them to bed early with no pudding for a week

leffeboy

Ah is that thread closed – it was brilliant :(. It really was worth discussing as it isn’t as clear as folks would like it to be. The tangent they went off on was 100% STW with waayyy more knowledge than you normally get in this sort of stuff

Is disappointed

starts new thread on black starting although I’m not sure blackstarting a thread on black starting works. You need the diesel one first

mooman
    Free Member

Not often I feel the need to read a Ton post – but I feel I am missing out now …

Cougar

Is it the ten minutes or the full half hour?

I’ll review it later and reopen it. In the meantime…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Is ton buying a deisel car worthy of a 5 page argument?’ is closed to new replies.