Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Is Todmorden Britain's Greenest Town?
  • rightplacerighttime
    Free Member
    MadBillMcMad

no idea, but it might well be its wettest

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Sounds pretty idyllic in some respects, always love statistics like "15 times more people keep chickens" though. A great increase but could just be one street getting together if it has gone from 1-15. If 500 kept chickens previously then it's more impressive, much more.
    Making the most of what they have, for the locals should not be news really though, should it?
    Still like the sound of it though.

MrSparkle

That's quite impressive – fair play to Tod. Sadly I think many places in the UK would get their efforts trashed by vandals if they tried it.

taka
    Free Member

no. hebden is better 😉

chimptastic
    Free Member

Is that the Hebden which has copied Tod re Incredible Edible? 🙂

yossarian
    Free Member

apparently there are more lesbians per square metre in Hebden Bridge than anywhere else on earth, except San Fransisco

yossarian
    Free Member

chipps

It sits in a narrow valley and not many houses have gardens, so I'm not sure how many extra chickens it would take to account for the gains… I don't know anyone who's started chicken breeding – but that doesn't mean that there aren't secret chicken breeders around…

teagirl
    Free Member

Is The Bear still in Tod? You had to be green to set foot in there and that was in the 90's. Excellent venue. Used to work in Tod, a truly unique experience 8) Some fab biking to be done.

juan
    Free Member

I was wondering why would someone be bothered to live in such place, but I take it from chipps that it's the STW towers.

project
    Free Member

Always rains when i go there,2 nice chippys,and a good mountain bike mag was created there,from spring water,trees,and imagination.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

everything is green here in cockermouth, that might be slime though

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

totness? (sp?) down in devon (? again) is pretty green. they have alternative currencies and everything…

MikeT-23
    Free Member

It'll be wealthier now that I've committed to another annual subscription!
    Well done Todmorden!

Ker-ching and, indeed, ker-ching!!

thepodge
    Free Member

i lived there 18 years, it nice to visit but i'd never move back.

will1
    Free Member

'hebden is better '
    taka
    Hebden would be nice if there were any Yorkshire folks still living there!! But it would still never match Tod.

tang
    Free Member

stroud & nailsworth, gloucestershire.

Sue_W
    Free Member

fab project, and good on them all for getting off their arses and actually doing something … it's far too easy to be cynical about things, but I reckon this is one to be positive about.

Tod will never be in danger of being seen through 'rose-coloured glasses' (unless of course they're mtb ones!), but I always loved it despite it's flaws …

soops
    Free Member

taka – as a born and bred hebden lad i agree with you
    will1 – your only jealous coz your in Lancashire and want to be in Yorkshire!!! 😉

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

i live in todmorden, its green and wet because its in the vally lol, but when its dry its awesome, if u know where to go ;p bring on the sun!

soops
    Free Member

but i bet hebden wish it had thought of incredible edible first!
    😉

rangeroy
    Free Member

Right then you all asked for this!!
    Pecket wells best (coz I own some of it!) & My old dear lives there.
    incredible edible is sh**e & our new allotment on centre vale park will show them how its done 😀 The Mr green mentioned in the Guardian it a first class t***er as is soops & yes Mr Chipps you can run
    your xcross through the big pile of top dressing coz I said so !!! 😆

soops
    Free Member

lol rangeroy!! 😉
    i just see tod going the same way as hebden, lots of folks with money buying houses! come on buy mine as i don't live in Tod any more and i want to sell it, we have chives outside! 😆

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Is Todmorden Britain's Greenest Town?’ is closed to new replies.