Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Is this wotth £650?
  • zippykona

My friend who lives miles away and knows nothing about bikes has been offered this. I said as long as it all works it seems reasonable.
    Not really up on this sort of thing, advice please.

jonk

Solid bike, if it suits your riding go for it.

tmb467
    Free Member

Usual caveats on bearings, suspension services etc

If he likes it and has £650 and doesn’t want to haggle then yes it’s worth it

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Defo worth £650

From what I can work out, this is a 2008 model, so I’d say probably not – £500 maybe

ricky1
    Free Member

Yes your mate needs to buy it and sell me the cranks a.s.a.p,on a serious note I would offer less,seems in good shape.

I have those cranks if you are desperate for some ricky 🙄

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Always haggle! Offer 500. Don’t budge, stick to it, then give it a couple days and maybe go to 550. There will always be another bike for sale

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

50-60% of RRP After one year then minus 10% a year after that, roughly. It’s nothing special.

zippykona

He offered £600 and the guy won’t budge, says he will PX it if he doesn’t get £650.
    The guy reckons its 3 years old.

Daffy

It’s definitely not an 08 Model. The forks, cranks, brakes, shock are all 2010 or later.

campfreddie
    Free Member

is it nicked?

TiRed

It’s a 2009 model in original spec. £1449 RRP new, and worth £650. I wouldn’t quibble with that price.

chakaping
    Free Member

I think you’d struggle to get that much if it was split, so I’d say no.

There’s not a huge demand for short-travel 26ers now – especially ugly German ones – as the seller will probably realise if he sticks to that price.

the-muffin-man

If it’s an ’09 model I’d be asking Cube if spares are still available.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Looking at ebay it does actually seem a fair price, item 331072925619 is very similar and went for £700.

It’s definitely not an 08 Model. The forks, cranks, brakes, shock are all 2010 or later.

I bought the same cranks in 2009, so I’m happy to run with the other suggestions that it’s a 2009 ^^^

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Is this wotth £650?’ is closed to new replies.