Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Is this worth it? Used transition bandit
  • singletrick
    Free Member

Thought I’d pick the hive mind as I haven’t been keeping up to date with gear prices. Haven’t currently got a bike to ride and miss it.

Considering buying a 2nd hand Transition bandit 6 months old 2014 27.5 frame
    Spec:
    Fox kashima CTD rear shock and boost valve
    Fox kashima 34 float fork
    Reverb dropper seat
    Revolution (transition) wheelset
    1 x 10 XT drive train and clutch mech
    SLX brakes
    Assorted bits and bobs as finishing kit – Kore bars gravity lite stem Nobby nics

Seen the bike its is in good but used condition. Seller works in the trade and rides a lot.

Seller wants 1.7k won’t go any lower.

What do you think?

AlexSimon

Seems about the right price to me.
    Possibly on the side of good value.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Seller rides a lot so it sounds like this is not going to be a hardly-used trophy bike. I’d be asking questions about if/when bearings and bushings were changed, forks and shock serviced etc. if they’ve never been done you could have to budget quite a chunk for servicing, which would make £1700 poor value.

singletrick
    Free Member

Mmm
    Hadn’t factored servicing in, thanks for that, potential bargaining tool.
    Definitely not hardly used trophy bike but well looked after and it has been summer here (NZ)

Hard to resist. Couldn’t afford anything like it new.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I have a 2013 Bandit and it’s a cracking bike. I can’t even claim to ride it weekly but it has needed new shock bushings and had the fork fixed under warranty. The latter would have been costly if I’d had to pay for it. Defo worth looking into what’s been done and what’s not.

singletrick
    Free Member

Cheers for that. Will definitely check it out.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

6 mths old? shouldn’t really need major servicing yet, BUT make sure no play in bearings etc, maybe a lower leg service needs doing depend on hours riden, to be far he prob just bedded it in for you, 😀 😉

AlexSimon

Bearing in mind my current bike is on its 8th summer, I wouldn’t be worried.

chiefgrooveguru

it has been summer here (NZ)

If you’re in NZ I presume bike prices are different over there, and usually more expensive?

singletrick
    Free Member

Yep prices seem higher here, some of the prices people want for 2nd hand stuff is mind boggling. The supply of new bikes is limited as well. Big manufacturers only really giant, spesh and Merida etc…

matther01
    Free Member

Considering I got a new 2013 26″ for £1100 in a sale in the UK…seems like a decent price for a full bike.

Guess you just need to check how much servicing it needs.

Great bikes…love mine with pikes up front.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Is this worth it? Used transition bandit’ is closed to new replies.