Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Is this why my Reverb needs bleeding all the time?
  • thered

It has to be re-bled every couple of months and is immediately slow after I bled it last night, are these kinks in the hose the reason?

Ta

wwaswas

it’s the sort of look rubber takes on when it’s contaminated with oil and has softened – it does go a bit porous too.

weeksy

That’s not the hose, that’s just a plastic coating?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jam-bo

if its kinked, it’ll restrict the movement of the fluid and make it slow to drop/return.

thered

I haven’t noticed any excess fluid anywhere and there was none coming out during the bleed.

Upon reinstalling it, it wouldn’t return with the button speed adjuster at the slowest setting, it immediately had to be turned to not far off the quickest setting.

jekkyl

what you need Mike is a mechanical dropper 😉

iainc

weeksy – Member
    That’s not the hose, that’s just a plastic coating

+1

tillydog
    Free Member

weeksy – Member
    That’s not the hose, that’s just a plastic coating

+1
    [/quote]

Could be indicative of oil leaking from that connection which is soaking into the cover of the hose and softening it or working its way between the cover and the inner. It only takes the loss of a few drops to stop the remote working completely.

I’d be inclined to re-make that connection, shortening the hose to get back to a decent bit (or replacing it).

Northwind

More often than not, if something needs bled often, it’s because it’s not getting bled right, tbh (not trying to be rude, I’m as guilty of this as anyone). Bleed it, test it, feels good- but there’s a wee bit of air stuck somewhere that ends up back in the piston after a couple of rides and you’re screwed.

Are you adjusting the speed adjuster when bleeding?

(I ditched the quick release thing off mine, it’s just an extra thing to go wrong imo, it’s not very useful… Costs a couple of quid for the parts you need to bypass it but you do also need some room to maneuvre with the hose)

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Is that an inner stiffener at the bend: just curious.

iain65
    Free Member

I had a problem where the quick release part was not ‘nipped up’ causing air to get in, check this is tight (not too tight!) with a 6mm and 9mm spanner – it’s the nearest two parts to that bit of hose that looks dodgy.
    Iain.

thered

Thanks Iain65, I’ll try that tonight.

Northwind, it’s been done by me, the LBS and me again in the last 9 months and it’s getting worse.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Is this why my Reverb needs bleeding all the time?’ is closed to new replies.