Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Is this what trailcentre car parks looked like back in the day?
  • mattbee

Loaded the bike on the back of my Rangie after this mornings ride, mate commented that it looked like I’d gone back in time; ’93 Klein strapped to a ’91 RRC. Almost the equivalent of a BMW X5 with a 5k full sus. I just like that the paint nearly matches…

Pointless thread, I know. Any excuse to post a pic of my two favourite inanimate objects…

molgrips
    Free Member

a) Back then there were no trail centres
    b) Back then you saw very few nice MTBs on bike racks. Bike racks were mostly on cars full of families with kids bikes on. And they were the boot mounted kind.

RealMan
    Free Member

For some reason I read the title as “..transvestite car parks..”

philconsequence
    Free Member

well happy friday to you too molly!

meehaja
    Free Member

To be truly old school that bike needs to be crammed onto the back seat of a 1987 XR2.

ourmaninthenorth

I’m sure you love that Klein very much, but do you not think it would have been wise to buy one in the correct size?

Jus’ sayin’ like. 😉

wwaswas

number plate covered by bike and no plate on rack = naughty.

jackal
    Free Member

RealMan – Member
    For some reason I read the title as “..transvestite car parks..”

And you still clicked on it to have a look 😆

beanum

That reminds me, I once had a custom painted Orange Mr XC, in metallic turquiose. I was looking for a new car and nearly didn’t buy this (or one like it) exactly because it was practically a perfect colour match for my bike…

OCB
    Free Member

Almost the equivalent of a BMW X5 with a 5k full sus

😯

Hmm, and given that choice, I know which way I’d go!

I case it adds anything to this thread I’ve just driven my ’93 Defender 110 back from the garage (having passed it’s MOT) with my ’92 Kona SS in the back (having ridden from, then back to the garage dropping the truck off). Perhaps heading too far towards agricultural vehicles now tho’?

mattbee

The Klein fits just fine, ta. It has to; I’d been looking for one of those for years having had one (the next size down!) in the late 90s and when that one came up for sale I had to have it. There is loads of seatpost in the frame and the reach is fine with a 105mm stem. Thompson bendy layback doesn’t help with the gangly looks of it. 😮
    We used to load 3 bikes on the back of my mates AX BITD, god knows how we didn’t rip the boot of.
    As for the number plate, it had one on when I set off from home. Damn Halfords ‘sticky’ pads obviously aren’t sticky enough…

v8ninety

Nice Rangie… looks just like my dads. VM diesel 😐 or V8 😈 ?

chainslapp
    Free Member

Are those Pace MXCD forks on the Klein?

roblane65
    Free Member

yea diesel 🙁 or petrol 😛 I’ve got 4.0 V8 disco.umm. 😀

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I have a 2004 enduro stuffed into the back of a 90’s pug estate. Does that count.? By mtb terms that’s positively ancient.

compositepro
    Free Member

trail centres pfffft

nice klein though

DezB
    Free Member

Have you ridden a bike with proper forks?
    Can’t believe you put up with those old placcy things if you had!

(Here’s mine btw:
    )

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Your RRC appears to have too many doors 🙁

Nah, good to see a classic still being used!

duntmatter
    Free Member

Is that the time travelling BMW you parked next to?

el_boufador

That is a very class vehicle / bicycle combination you have there

Rik
    Free Member

Did you fit in with the slow and shit?

Bikes move on for a reason just like cars…..

rOcKeTdOg

Are those cook bros cranks?

mattbee

Yep, V8 in the old beast, 3.9EFI. Pace forks with a whole 40 odd mm of travel on the Klein. Cook Bros cranks too. I feel as fast on that as I did on my last modern 5″ travel bike and having ridden for 20 odd years I’ve got to the point whereby that’s all that matters to me. Siuts the South Downs where I do 99% of my riding just fine. As for slow and shit, when I last raced 9 years ago I was safely mid table (as through all of my race carreer). BBB will see if I am any better or worse than I used to be. I do have a full sus still, but its a 1998 Pro-Flex 856!

compositepro
    Free Member

Bikes move on ….is that correct

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Is this what trailcentre car parks looked like back in the day?’ is closed to new replies.