Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Is this ugly – Opinions please
  • AndrewJ
    Free Member

Chumba HX2

It ticks most of the boxes but I can’t decide if it “different” or just plain ugly.

What do you think?

Trimix
    Free Member

To me its ugly because the wheels look too big.

rootes1

i think they look good – but only if you buy a big size frame

AndrewJ
    Free Member

i think they look good – but only if you buy a big size frame

Hmmm yeah, I’d be buying a 16″

bigyinn
    Free Member

Naah, s’allright.

kimbers

yes its ugly

dunno why, just is

rootes1

Hmmm yeah, I’d be buying a 16″

then it will be ugly..

get a 26er if you need a little frame.

madhouse

Doesn’t matter what it looks like, it’s how it rides that counts.

You may find your mates take the pi$$ a bit when you turn up on a 16″ 29er but that shouldn’t put you off buying a bike you want.

Oh and I think it looks ok.

rickon
    Free Member

I do like the HX1.

Or

PiknMix
    Free Member

Not for me, but then I like the purple Santa Cruz so what do I know 😉

PePPeR

I like mine, Si did me a great deal with a Hope headset thrown in and the bike rides brilliantly!

Please excuse the Brooks saddle Alfine hub and Red brake caliper.

I like its design in a industrial kind of way, it was good value and it’s fun to ride. Not as nippy as the old Gary Fisher rig that I took the parts from, but still fun to throw around.

I have a the medium frame and I’m 6’2″ the large frame doesn’t look as nice IMO as the seat stays and down tube don’t flow in one long line. Just like the image of the black bike that Rickon has posted above mine.

Bimbler
    Free Member

‘andsome, and no mistake.

AndrewJ
    Free Member

You may find your mates take the pi$$ a bit when you turn up on a 16″ 29er

I’ve already got a 16″ Inbred 29er so I’m used to it 😉

I’m looking for something a little lighter and stiffer, that I can run both SS an geared but doesn’t cost the earth to buy.

ska-49
    Free Member

Im selling a 16” HX2 with hope headset! Only a couple months old with only a handful of rides. If you’re interested just message me at: kh306 (at) exeter.ac.uk

Trimix
    Free Member

If you want something lighter and stiffer get it in 26″ then.

Bigger wheels will be slightly heavier and less stiff than a 26″ version.

Plus the geometry wont have to be so compromised.

AndrewJ
    Free Member

If you want something lighter and stiffer get it in 26″ then.

Yeah I know your right, I already have a light ish 26″ bike too but you know what it’s like when you get an idea in your head! I should probably just tubless up my 26″ and buy a lighter fork.

rickon
    Free Member

New Reba Ti would be pretty light, and relatively cheap – QR on the AC wheels? http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/Bike+Shop/Frame++Forks/Forks++Shocks/Rockshox+Suspension+Forks/2011+Reba+RLT+Ti+-+QR+Axle+-+Remote+Lockout_RS-REBA-RLTTI.htm

You do like 29er’s though, comfy for a 24 hour race; I’d be looking at comfortable rather than bone shaking light 🙂

That, or go buy one of these:

Light, and comfy 🙂 Not available til April, mind.

Anyway, who cares what the bike *looks* like, if you like it, and it fits the bill then go for it.

Just means I can poke fun of you at 4am.

AndrewJ
    Free Member

The problem with the Lurcher is it’s been due to arrive in Feb, March and now April and I need to have something in place by the second week of April. Plus by the time I get a new BB, Headset, seatpost, seat clamp, front mech the cost is approaching £800. Plus I’ve got a feeling my ageing Shimano 9 speed cranks aren’t going to be compatible with it either.

Apart from that I like it! 🙂

rickon
    Free Member

I’ll have a look around and see what I can find, not sure there’s that much out there though – singlespeed, there’s the Salsa Selma. Which is pretty nice looking indeed.

AndrewJ
    Free Member

Yeah I like the Selma but the rear wheel clearance isn’t too good, 2.1 at a squeeze I’ve read.

I’ve been looking all week but nothing seems to tick all the boxes! 🙁

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Yes its ugly, its got that stupid seat tube brace.

rickon
    Free Member

What about a 29er Scandal? cheap, and the geometry suits you.

AndrewJ
    Free Member

Out of stock in 16″!

rOcKeTdOg

Not in the Orange 5 league of ugliness more in the too small a frame for a 29erride camp

si-wilson
    Free Member

Andrew, we have no 16″ hx2 in stock and were not planning any more. I am ordering a few frames from Chumba this week so could tag a small on to that order if you wanted one.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Is this ugly – Opinions please’ is closed to new replies.