Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Is this trashed beyond repair?
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

[/url][/img]

New mech on order as I’m going 1 by 10 but wondering if I can fix this and add to my planned visitors loan MTB. My suspicion is it’s dead Jim

neilwheel
    Free Member

Glad I’m not one of your visitors.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Neil is not invited

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I might at a push bend it back and use it on a pub bike but I certainly wouldn’t take it too far from civilization.

neilwheel
    Free Member

No bother.

pk13

When I click on your photo I gets lots of pop ups on my phone . It’s fo.ked by the way

johnj2000
    Free Member

bend it back and see what happens, if it all lines up then why not try and get a bit more life out of it.

njee20
    Free Member

When I click on your photo I gets lots of pop ups on my phone . It’s fo.ked by the way

Me too. I agree.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I had a SRAM x) one [Much] worse* than that and i fixed on a vice and worked as good as new for the next 4 years

Your choice though most would just bin it.

* the cage was bent at 90 degrees and it jammed with such force the outer cage separated from the mech [ spring was never found again] and the jokey wheels both shattered…i was doing 10 mph on a road !!!

Northwind

I suppose it depends what role you want it to play on the visitor’s bike. Some sort of ersatz light bracket or something, you’re probably fine.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Thanks all for the replies, apart from the terse one. I’ll try and fix and see what happens, but not miles from anywhere..!

neilwheel
    Free Member

Metal + bend(s) = crack(s) – your choice.

Slogo
    Free Member

sell it in the classifieds,

One carful owner, few scratches. PayPal gift only.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Is this trashed beyond repair?’ is closed to new replies.