Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Is this the worst Jools Holland ever?
  • Northwind

It can be a good show sometimes… But what drives me nuts is when he’s got some really interesting band on, or some global superstar, but you have to sit through 10 minutes of Jools talking pish and fannying around with the piano. You don’t tune in to see him, you tune in despite him.

Coyote
    Free Member

I discovered Sia through Jools Holland’s show so I have a lot to thank him for.

DezB
    Free Member

but you have to sit through 10 minutes of Jools talking pish and fannying around with the piano

It’s what the extended Friday show and Sky+ were invented for.
    and this, of course

CountZero

Wow, people with different tastes in music shocker; who’d a thunk it?
    As DezB says. I never watch it live, as there’s always someone I’m not keen on, some programmes I’ll go through the whole thing, others, like the one with the Manics on I deleted without watching, there wasn’t anyone on there I was interested in. I really enjoyed most of the one with Macca on, there was a terrific blues guitarist on there.
    Later.. is still a major shop-window for new artists; KT Tunstall got her big break by accident on there after some rapper cancelled out at the last minute and she was handy. Her using the loop pedal caused a sensation, which wouldn’t have worked on Spotify or Soundcloud.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Is this the worst Jools Holland ever?’ is closed to new replies.