Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Is this the new way to sell a bike on ebay?
  • fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

Stick it on ebay under a bike name that it is not. Then to prove it is a truely great bike stick some strava times on as well.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/S-Works-Venge-Carbon-Replica-FM098-SRAM-Red-Force-Fizik-3T-Zipp-/200835067268?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item2ec2b3ed84

james
    Free Member

Its fine, he says its a replica ..

“actually a dengfu FM098 frameset which is very similar to the s works venge (same geometry)”
    Guessing its not exactly the same

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

I know its says replica but im not sure the specialized would be too happy with it, i was more try to get at the fact he’d put the strava rides on there.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    radoggair
    Free Member

still, nice looking bike all the same

glupton1976
    Free Member

Wheels not included…

Dickyboy

Wheels not included…

don’t know owt about prices of these roadies things but to stick that in the small print is pretty deceptive 👿

yourmywifenow
    Free Member

A set of wheels would be a nice touch

BristolPablo
    Free Member

if they are genuine zipps they are about £1500 per pair rrp.

seems odd that he has a load of nice kit, Zipps, 3T etc to throw at a deng fu frame. i know a good few people have built up deng fus on bike radar and said they ride ok but they normally appreciate them for what they are and dont stick top of the range components on them. Although some people make big claims that the frames are from the same mould/factory as the big brands, use the same carbon/layering etc but i suspect thats somewhat delusional.

ourmaninthenorth

still, nice looking bike all the same

Still reminds me of a Nomad:

globalti
    Free Member

So he bought the frame and is testing the market for nudge nudge-wink wink replicas?

I bought a cycling jersey from China, it looked OK on the website but when it arrived I realised it was carp. When I tried to Ebay it the brand owners emailed Ebay, who insisted I remove it from sale!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Is this the new way to sell a bike on ebay?’ is closed to new replies.