Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Is this the most expensive puncture…?
  • charliedontsurf

What is the chances of that eh?

I was in the clunker classic world champs, with a wrist injury so used a pugsley cheat bike, but was going damned well (awesome bike)
    £85 tyre + £12 tube = world most expensive bike puncture, and being overtaken by a 1970’s shopper!

That stick measure 12cm long by 2cm wide.

Small print… dont blame the tyre, its just bad luck combined with ruthless race ambition (an ingredient in Merlot you know) and a stick.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Sticky tyres. £85 each 😯

charliedontsurf

I may well take it back to the shop that sold it to me… “I say my tyres are too sticky, I want a refund”.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Stop being so silly and help me with my chainring choice please Charlie.

njee20
    Free Member

That’s cheap!

$500 tubs.

andrewh
    Free Member

charliedontsurf

Second thoughts, and a lack of larry tyres at the moment. I am gonna glue and boot this tyre up and roll on.

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

That’s what you get for rolling at 9 psi !

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I picked my lad a balance bike up from the LBS the other day and there was a family asking whether punctures are covered on the standard years guarantee.

wwaswas

I may well take it back to the shop that sold it to me

Do they have a branch near you?

igmc.

MrSparkle

A lot of people won’t twig what you mean… Ok, ok, I’ll leaf it now.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Charlie..I am guessing you get a discount?

Can’t you repair the tube at least?

How is it a clunker?

😛

charliedontsurf

Yeah… I will patch it all up.

Clunker… its really not a clunker. I have a sprained or broken wrist at the moment so cant really ride, but love to race the clunker classic… so I cheated. It was that or no race. And that DH is awesome on that bike.

Don’t worry I had my chain stolen and a tyre let down before the race. The guys wern’t gonna let me have an easy time.

After the race I surfed Woolacombe, and when the surf crapped out, took pugsley for some freeride dune descents.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I miss my fat bike, I need to get on with my project.

psling
    Free Member

Friend of mine paid £90 on Saturday for a pair of wire-bead Fire XC 😯

That was £15 each for the tyres and £60 for the parking fine 😳 😆

GW
    Free Member

not even the most expensive puncture on here.
    try a £45 DH tyre and £10 DH tube ripping half way down Ft Bill, the wheel making it all the way to the Tissot (or whatever it’s called these days) but exploding on the off-beat wall taking the rear mech, hanger, chain and cassette with it. could have been way worse/more expensive but rode the skid out.
    probably close to £250 to replace all that.

wynne
    Free Member

A little off-puncture topic.

A plastic bag once blew into the rear wheel of my road bike. Took out the Campag Record rear mech, chain and the driveside spokes of a Mavic ksyrium rear wheel. All in all about £400.

Beware the floating plastic bag.

charliedontsurf

OK the puncture was £97… but then add in the merlot and cheese, and chutney and its…. eeerrr… still not as expensive as ome punctures.

psling
    Free Member

mmmm, chutney… picked up some lovely Spiced Pear and Apple Chutney the other day 8)

charliedontsurf

I was on chilli pepper, onion and orange chutney… I think it was exmoor or Devon brand or similar.

andrewh
    Free Member

If we are including consquential losses

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Is this the most expensive puncture…?’ is closed to new replies.