Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Is this the end of Fisher Bikes?
  • stufield
    Free Member

http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/gary_fisher_collection/#29er_full_suspension

Seems to be fisher is the 29" segway / part of trek?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Always has been the sidekick of trek.

Seems only natural to do this, don't know why they didn't do it ages ago.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I guess it's a compromise with him puting his name on the frame or get eaten up and disappear.

I'm glad I got my Gary Fisher Rumblefish before the Trek "take over"

We should all buy no mainstream bikes in protest from now onwards 😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Really hope not, I'm hoping to grab a Roscoe next spring through C2W, when my current bike is paid off.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

See also the Bontrager brand.

Keith and Gary have made their pennies. Well done them. Why not retire in a little comfort after selling out thoroughly.

Potter
    Free Member

Really hope not, I'm hoping to grab a Roscoe next spring through C2W, when my current bike is paid off.

no roscoes next year i have been reliably informed

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Keith and Gary have made their pennies. Well done them. Why not retire in a little comfort after selling out thoroughly

Trek have owned Gary Fisher Bikes longer then Gary Fisher ever did. He sold out in the early 90's

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

no roscoes next year i have been reliably informed

Given the reviews and subsequent awards the Roscoe has achieved, Trek would be mad….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Given the reviews and subsequent awards the Bontrager steel frames achieved……

Oh, hold on…..Erm.

coogan
    Free Member

Dunno why, but Gary Fisher bikes are a brand I have never liked or wished to buy.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I always thought they were a sub-brand of trek

M6TTF
    Free Member

Doesn't look like they're bringing the rumblefish into the uk either, seems odd, I heard there were waiting lists for them this year?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Trek didn't always own them!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

+1 with coogan. Most of us have irrational dislikes of brands, but i think my dislike of GF came from the relentless "inventor/godfather of mountain biking" marketing schtick, which is also why I dont own any Burton snowboarding kit.

Additionally Ive never seen a GF labelled bike thats made me look twice, whereas I have admired or covetted bikes from all sorts of manufacturers.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Trek didn't always own them!

No they haven't but they bought Gary Fisher bikes in 1993 from a taiwanese company.

So all this "its a shame he's selling" actually happened 20 years ago before many of us got into riding bikes.

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Doing 1/2 a lap at Mayhem with Mr Fisher chatting / doing an infomertial just behind me was enough to make me never want to buy anything with his name on.

epicyclo

Munqe-chick – Member
    …Ive never seen a GF labelled bike thats made me look twice…

Me too, until….

skinnysteel
    Free Member

Can't see old GF's attracting the cult-like following that pre-Trek Bontys and Kleins have retained. +1 with Munqe-chick.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Is this the end of Fisher Bikes?’ is closed to new replies.