Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Is this the day for wind assisted strava times??!!
  • bones76
    Free Member

So they winds are extremely high today??!! and no rain where i am…

Wonder if anyone out there will be gunning for KOM’s with a little help from the wind??!! 😀

Not me though…Not been on Strava for ages but i do know some who use the wind to determine which way they will ride!! You know who you are!

andypaul99
    Free Member

There is a mile long stretch of road that runs alongside the seafront, where im sure i could KOM today.

I should really drive my car down, have a 5 minute warm up and blast it.

But its too cold. So i cant be arsed.

bones76
    Free Member

Go on you know you want too!!! You may get to keep that KOM for a good while!! lol

Am sure some will be out there as i write this!

cultsdave
    Free Member

Are you just upset that people are out beating your KOM’s?

mrmo
    Free Member

too gusty, plus the road surfaces are lethally slippy round here.

Nice steady breeze seems to work better than gusty and inconsistent direction winds like today.

bones76
    Free Member

I’m not on it fella, came off a while ago, my post was just a thought this morning as i was checking out the forum and thinking how good of a day it would be to get back on and get some wind assisted KOM’s

I really have no issue with Strava, in fact i used it for well over a year and can see it’s benefit, only reason a came off was because of how much of my life i wasted having to download my rides due to the fact i don’t have a good enough mobile phone to do it automatically, nearly 15 to 20min of my day which am sure you would agree is far to long.

As for people beating what KOM’s i did have and i never had that many and the ones i did have i didn’t even know i had sometimes, well they came and went and sometimes came back but here is always someone better out there, wind assisted or not!!

Hope that helps…

chakaping
    Free Member

When I go, I don’t want it to be because I was blown under a lorry while chasing a Strava time in gale-force winds.

toby1

It’s a bit too blustery and not that consistent round these parts (Cambridge area). So it’s unlikely to assist anyone beating some of the crazy guided busway KOM’s. For reference no traffic is interfered with in the setting of these KOM’s!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Is this the day for wind assisted strava times??!!’ is closed to new replies.