Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Is this the best spell of weather this year….
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Been an absolutely top 10 days. Not quite bar b weather come the evening as it drops cool fast but for biking this week it’s been awesome!

oldejeans
    Free Member

Pretty sure it’s the best this year. Easter was great in N Wales this year and last but this pips them both in terms of duration, sun, temps, and almost no wind

allthepies
    Free Member

Had the last 2 weeks off work.

Which is nice…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    molgrips
    Free Member

Not down here in Hampshire it’s not. I’ve had it pretty good, hardly seen a drop of mud all summer. In stark contrast to where I actually live.

slowoldman

The last few days have been beautiful. 21 the other day. Looked lovely again this morning out of the office window. Popped out in shirtsleeves to join the masses outside Greggs and it was freezing.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I was just thinking just the same thing after today ls ride

nickc

Don’t worry, I’ve booked BPW for the weekend, it’ll either piss with rain for the next 24hrs, or it’ll look like the single most amazing piece of future planning on my part…

Notter
    Free Member

Not quite BBQ weather?? What’s wrong with you man, it’s dry! You may need to eat indoors but the coals still cook!
    (4 x BBQ’s in last 2 weeks)

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Yes.

tomd
    Free Member

Yep it’s been brilliant for most of September up here, so much good riding has been done. It’s pretty much made up for the rest of the summer.

molgrips
    Free Member

Will definitely fire up the chimenea this weekend for a last hurrah.

wrightyson
    Free Member

We did bar b last weekend actually, totally forgot. It was probably the fact my mind was numb from cold as we were camping at the same time.

binners

Yes. For the first time this year, its been…

zinaru
    Free Member

the weather around edinburgh has been stunning all week. glad to get out for a few hours this afternoon – trails are dry and fast. very un october-like. it will all become a memory pretty quickly though, forecast is to change as soon as tomorrow up here.

Drac

Certainly since June which was corking too.

mashiehood
    Free Member

had the last six weeks off, start new job on monday – amazing weather

Gary_M
    Free Member

September was fantastic in the west of Scotland. Couple of rainy days but last couple of weeks have been brilliant. Made the most of and rode most days managing a total of over 900 miles for the month. I’ve missed the rain though

superfli
    Free Member

Not sure what it was like elsewhere, but June was bl**dy fantastic in Hants. 25-30 deg some days. Pretty much the whole month without rain.

Typically the school hols were terrible 🙁

footflaps

All our roses have come back into bloom in the last couple of weeks.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yeah June and July were pretty lovely here in South Wales from memory, sorry to admit, I booked 2 weeks off work in August for a ‘stay-cation’ so obviously it pissed down – sorry about that.

But, I think I’ve made a mesne, Got flu 3 weeks ago, followed by a bout of Pneumonia so of course the weather has been lovely, I’m 99% better and heading to BPW tomorrow – I suspect storms to form any moment.

senorj

Yes.Lovely commuting in Herts….but I was bloody cold this morning !

dantsw13

Seen some beautiful sunrises on early road rides this week. Sadly with the nice weather I’ve run out of excuses to do some gardening.

ampthill

Possibly the best spell

But we had some scortching weather in I think late June early July. 1st of July was hot, I had an open water swim and sat out until dark in a T shirt

isitafox
    Free Member

Awesome day today, shorts and vest, smell of cut grass and BBQ’s in the air and people say British weather is terrible.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

YES! A week’s holiday in Northumberland/County Durham/Cullercoats has been magnificent. Spellbinding rolling fields and dozens of raptors/hawks/butterflies changing trees and everything. And a funky moon.

Total bliss. If it had been an old fashioned dreicht campathon it would’ve been less fun.

Better be apocalyptic misery back in Edinburgh on Monday to bolster this magical feeling.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Yup after mocking the notion of an Indian Summer, does 10 days count?!?! 😯 in another thread, we appear to be having one. Probably the warmest September I can recall, ideal biking weather wonderful.

Expecting it to be biblically wet when I go to the Lakes though 😆

bikebouy
    Free Member

Certainly today was gorgeous, WFH, aching to get out, sun shine, rebuilt R5ca teasing me.. hacked over the Downs for a quick spin, 3hrs later and getting dark I returned knackered.

Love it.

Best season IMO.

8)

doordonot
    Free Member

Anyone wondering why …

yossarian
    Free Member

I’m puzzled, the whole summer and autumn so far has been nice here in Kent.

Are my expectations lower I wonder?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Is this the best spell of weather this year….’ is closed to new replies.