Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Is this sporting "banter" or just out of order
  • Pigface
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/30876645

I think he could of said something a bit cleverer but he is Australian so what do you expect 😉

MrSmith
    Free Member

The bogans are not exactly known for their tact or sense of decorum are they so I wouldn’t expect any different behavior from their cricket team other than what they have dished out for years.
    And let’s face it, most of the team are a bit thick.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

This isn’t news.

MSP

Cricket isn’t a sport 😉

njee20
    Free Member

Context needed surely, it’s not because Sharma said something in an Indian lilt, which would have made Warner’s comment rude. This is the pertinent bit for me:

“I said ‘speak English’ because, if you’re going to say something for me to understand, theoretically I cannot speak Hindi.”

Move on, non story.

martinhutch

If he said something to Warner in Hindi, it’s not totally out of order to ask him for a quick translation…

More importantly, why is Warner whining to the batsman because his fielders can’t field properly?

andylaightscat
    Free Member

I will look forward to when they play England in this series, David Warner says something, England player turns round and says “speak English I can’t understand what you’re saying’ 🙂

ahwiles
    Free Member

Pigface – Member

I think he could of said something a bit cleverer but he is Australian so what do you expect

flicker
    Free Member

ahwiles – Member

Pigface – Member

I think he could of said something a bit cleverer but he is Australian so what do you expect

Your going to burn that shirt…. 😉

Freester

More importantly, why is Warner whining to the batsman because his fielders can’t field properly?

Because he took a single after the misfielded ball had deflected off the batsman. That’s not really cricket taking a single in those circumstances.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Is this sporting "banter" or just out of order’ is closed to new replies.