• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by scuv.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Is this shock worth fixing?
  • scuv
    Free Member

I’ve got this fox rp2 shock which is loudly sucking and blowing when in use but does work ok if a little slow. Are they worth fixing up or is this old shock now obsolete and easier to buy new? Is a self service easy to do on rear shocks and how much do the new parts cost?

coatesy
    Free Member

All you can realistically do at home is unscrew the air can to clean and lube it ( something you should be doing as routine maintainence anyway).Anything more will require a full strip and rebuild, including a high pressure nitrogen charge, usually coming in at around £100 or so.

scuv
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice just bought a proper full suspension bike and this is what was on it. I went ahead and bought a new one anyway which was £135, for that price it’s definitely not worth a proper strip down service is it? I will be giving the maintenance a go though as soon as I check out some videos of it on youtube

robhughes
    Free Member

But is the new one the correct tune for you frame.Just to throw a spanner in like. 😉

scuv
    Free Member

I did double check on their website for the correct length and travel is that what you mean?

legend
    Free Member

Nope, he means is it the right damping (compression and rebound, and probably boost valve being a Fox) tune?

scuv
    Free Member

Hmm didn’t realise there was options! I got a manitou radium. But I don’t think this fox shock is the original that was on the bike when it was new either. It would have been a coil covered shock

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Is this shock worth fixing?’ is closed to new replies.