Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 166 total)
  • Is this sexual and racial discrimination ?
  • higthepig
    Free Member

Germany doesn't seem to be involved in as many overseas military 'theatres' as the UK.

Talkemada, there are quite a few constitutional/political restrictions placed on the deployment of German Armed Forces that limit where/when they can deploy too, unlike British forces. It is something that came as a result of what happened in the 1940s …….

slowjo
    Free Member

I was talking to an ex army mate of mine this morning. Lucky I was on the 'phone, he was spitting blood about this. His take: if you join the army, you know what level of commitment is expected of you, if you can't live up to the commitment then the forces aren't the place for you. He also said something about her being offered a 5 year posting with child care and that, that level of accommodation was practically unheard of.

Next thing, thy'll have their guns taken away from them cos they are dangerous!

.. and so it went on.

Do any other forces, ex forces peeps agree with him or was he just spouting rollocks?

monkeychild
    Free Member

Totally agree with your mate.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Next thing, thy'll have their guns taken away from them cos they are dangerous!

amazingly good idea! All that macho posing with hardware is so outdated anyway, and this would emphasise their humanitarian credentials! It'll also stop them "accidentally" shooting each other in barracks 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Do any other forces, ex forces peeps agree with him

are you asking the right people after they've been trained to subservience ?

Woody
    Free Member

Ahhh ! but SFB it is exactly, like it or not, "all that macho posing with hardware" both now and over the years which allows you the freedon to posture and post your utopian ideals on an internet forum 😉

higthepig
    Free Member

Can't remember that during my training, but then I do not eat brown rice, wear sandles and spout crap.

agree with what monkeychild said.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

but then I do not eat brown rice, wear sandles and spout crap.

that remains to be seen 🙂

Ahhh ! but SFB it is exactly, like it or not, "all that macho posing with hardware" both now and over the years which allows you the freedon to posture and post your utopian ideals on an internet forum

I'm not convinced that soldiers ever do more than support oligarchies, and that most of them would rather shoot me than allow me to do as I please 🙁

higthepig
    Free Member

that remains to be seen

No, I have no sandles and I do not like brown rice, that is a fact…..

most of them would rather shoot me than allow me to do as I please

Yup, if you were doing something illegal/unlawful and their rules of engagement permitted otherwise they would let you go, this time……………

Woody
    Free Member

I'm not convinced that soldiers ever do more than support oligarchies

you could argue that point citing anyone anywhere

and that most of them would rather shoot me than allow me to do as I please

…………only soldiers?? 😉

scraprider
    Free Member

what a load of *hit,used to be if a female soldier got pregers , they left the army , i dont see how the army is responsible on this ocasion,seems like a ploy from some one not from the u.k to get money ,
    agree slowjo

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

you could argue that point citing anyone anywhere

my point is, soldiers only ever fight for their buddies – democracy and freedom are too vague as a motivation, and although some wars may involve altruistic leanings, for the most part they're just business by other means

backhander
    Free Member

You'd better be self employed or that would be rather hypocritical.

my point is, soldiers only ever fight for their buddies – democracy and freedom are too vague as a motivation

Whatever man WGAF, we're just lucky to have people brave enough fight or we'd all be goose-stepping and saluting with a straight arm….

higthepig
    Free Member

my point is, soldiers only ever fight for their buddies

Cock, complete and utter cock.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

we're just lucky to have people brave enough fight or we'd all be goose-stepping and saluting with a straight arm….

except that all the people that fought in those wars are no longer in the forces, and the current lot are involved in conflicts that might well be better unfought.

backhander
    Free Member

except that all the people that fought in those wars are no longer in the forces, and the current lot are involved in conflicts that might well be better unfought.

Ok Simon, this may be news to you but the soldiers don't pick the conflicts. They do their job. The "current lot" are no different than the "previous lot" in that respect.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Ok Simon, this may be news to you but the soldiers don't pick the conflicts

exactly – they surrender their freedom of choice, trusting to highly dubious leaderships who might just as easily be working to dismantle freedom and democracy, particularly for those who end up dead 🙁

backhander
    Free Member

Ok, so what if the population of Britain felt that WWII was unjust? WWI?
    What if the they thought that Bosnia/Kosovo/Sierra leone wasn't worthy?
    What if they plain couldn't be arsed? Same result.
    What's your idea? **** em all, let the genocide continue?
    The army aren't to blame for current conflicts, the labour govt is.

Woody
    Free Member

…..trusting to highly dubious leaderships who might just as easily be working to dismantle freedom and democracy

…and who might just as easily not be!

I think you are arguing for sake of it now and so OT it's ridiculous…………………

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

The army aren't to blame for current conflicts, the labour govt is.

did they do the World Trade Center too ?

What's your idea? **** em all, let the genocide continue?

uh, world to backhander, still happening 🙁

backhander
    Free Member

uh, world to backhander, still happening

well maybe they were told to go and can't be bothered.

higthepig
    Free Member

simonfbarnes

Where you bullied by an Army Cadet as a child. Why the total disdain for the Army? Do you have the same beef for the Royal Navy and Royal Air Force?

aracer
    Free Member

sfb is just a closet anarchist – not really worth wasting your time arguing with him on this one.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Ok, so what if the population of Britain felt that WWII was unjust? WWI?

Why bring up those conflicts to try and justify the actions of the military now? There's no comparison. Then, the borders of Britain were at threat. That is not the case now. In fact,to try and compare many current members of the British armed forces, with those that fought in WW's 1 and 2, is insulting. Those soldiers fought for freedom from tyranny; Todays soldiers are mostly little more than mercenaries hired to protect corporate interests and further the imperialistic desires of the West.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Where you bullied by an Army Cadet as a child. Why the total disdain for the Army? Do you have the same beef for the Royal Navy and Royal Air Force?

my objection is philosophical, not personal. And yes, I make no distinction between any of them.

sfb is just a closet anarchist – not really worth wasting your time arguing with him on this one

not closet, but being an anarchist wouldn't invalidate my opinions per se. I'm not the only one suggesting British actions in Iraq and Afghanistan are actually making us less secure, and not really making things any better for the natives either.

Talkemada
    Free Member

The "current lot" are no different than the "previous lot" in that respect.

The 'current lot' are all volunteers. The 'previous lot' were largely conscripted, even though most were more than willing to fight for their country.

Massive difference.

aracer
    Free Member

I'm not the only one suggesting British actions in Iraq and Afghanistan are actually making us less secure, and not really making things any better for the natives either.

Except that's not actually what you appear to be arguing on this thread.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Except that's not actually what you appear to be arguing on this thread.

I am now. Are we only allowed one idea at a time ?

Woody
    Free Member

Are we only allowed one idea at a time ?

No but in your case the record appears to be stuck.

aracer
    Free Member

I am now. Are we only allowed one idea at a time ?

No, but you can't invalidate somebody's point about what you were arguing about before by changing tack 🙄

Not that I'm convinced it's worth bothering arguing your new point – has been done so many times before on here, and is never that exciting. If you want an interesting argument you'll have to do better than that.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

but you can't invalidate somebody's point about what you were arguing about before by changing tack

so now we're arguing about what we're arguing about, or have I inaccurately paraphrased you ?

aracer
    Free Member

so now we're arguing about what we're arguing about, or have I inaccurately paraphrased you ?

You might be – I'm going to follow my own advice!

backhander
    Free Member

Why bring up those conflicts to try and justify the actions of the military now? There's no comparison. Then, the borders of Britain were at threat. That is not the case now. In fact,to try and compare many current members of the British armed forces, with those that fought in WW's 1 and 2, is insulting. Those soldiers fought for freedom from tyranny; Todays soldiers are mostly little more than mercenaries hired to protect corporate interests and further the imperialistic desires of the West.

What a load of absolute dogshite.
    We do not need to justify the actions of the military. THEY ARE DOING WHAT THEY ARE TOLD TO BY THE GOVERNMENT. This is what the military do, they cannot pick their fights.
    There is ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE between the soldiers of today and yesterday, that is just nonsense. They are just people at the sharp end, put there by politicians doing their job as a military should.
    If you hit someone with a hammer, it's not the hammers' fault.

Mintman
    Free Member

+1 Backhander. It's nice to see the Army and the RN agree for a change 😀

higthepig
    Free Member

+1 Backhander. It's nice to see the Army and the RN agree for a change

The RAF agrees too! 😀

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

If you hit someone with a hammer, it's not the hammers' fault.

if you decide to be a hammer it's your fault

There is ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE between the soldiers of today and yesterday, that is just nonsense.

NOT a claim I'd be in any hurry to make, as it implies that nothing has been learnt and nothing can change. In fact we have different people, different motivations, different circumstances and superficial resemblence.

This is what the military do, they cannot pick their fights.

ie abdication of responsibility ?

Mintman
    Free Member

So when my B&Q hammer bends a nail who is repsonsible? Hammer maker, vendor, material supplier? Or is it the guy who controls the hammer at the time?

I've not met anyone in the forces who abdicate responsibility; we make our own decisions within a defined framework. Be that the framework our political masters put us in or the tasks set by our Commanders. The concept of the mindless subservient soldier/sailor/airman is about as misguided as it comes.

We might not pick the wars we fight but how we conduct ourselves in those situations is our responsiblity and what separates us.

Talkemada
    Free Member
    backhander
    Free Member

if you decide to be a hammer it's your fault

No it's not.

scraprider
    Free Member

stupid cow should have got 1 weeks show parade ( showing best boots and wearing them on the last nite ) for missing morning paraed, i like loads of other people sufferd this , reports like this really grip my sh$* surly she cannot complete HER obligtion to HER contract ???? again STUPID COW.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 166 total)

The topic ‘Is this sexual and racial discrimination ?’ is closed to new replies.