Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Is this rude?
  • Cougar

She played it right out of the Wife 101 manual. Her reply was “Well, mum knows what your like…”

The response to which is, “cool, then it’ll be perfectly alright then.”

Personally I think it’s very noble of you to be giving up a valuable weekend afternoon to spend with your mum’s parents when you could be out riding your bike all day instead.

scaled
    Free Member

I do this a fair bit, 130+ miles from here to the in-laws though so means an early start for me

Kryton57

The great thing is – and now that I’ve scoped the route I’m happy about this – my son wants to come with me next time.

And I’ve seen some parts of London I’ve never seen before. Some of the canal boats with people chilling out with a BBQ and small glasses of beer lounging in deck chairs.

Drac

Sums up why riding bikes is ace there.

IdleJon

Sums up why riding bikes is ace there.

Although this sums up why riding bikes in London is rubbish –

Some of the canal boats with people chilling out with a BBQ and small glasses of beer lounging in deck chairs.

😆

(Joking btw! I walked through Bushy Park last week and saw more wildlife than I have for a long time.)

Drac

Although this sums up why riding bikes in London is rubbish –

I did one through London a few years back, was great fun.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Lee Valley Canal out from Limehouse all the way to Harlow is flippin excellent.

Don’t do it on a sunny Sunday, it’s a bit busy.

The only “dodgy” bit is coming past Hackney Wick where there are a lot of moored Canal boats and some occasional drunks snoozing across the path 😆
    And just before it, there were some yoofs ganging up on cyclists to nick thier bikes.. they’d have a spotter who’d phone the group further along to notify em’ a nice bike was on its way.. huge crackdown by Plod happened and its quieter now just avoid dusk..
    I used to ride it an awful lot a couple of years ago, me and mates used it as CXer routes out of town..

Lee Valley route and info

scotroutes

Kryton57 – Member

On the other hand, if this frees up some time otherwise taken up for training then it could be a win/win.

Yep, it replaces a recovery ride I’ve lost so far today as I’ve been out with the kids, and there tomorrow night reminds free within which I can do the school runs, homework and bedtime stories with them.

Cool, sorted.[/quote]Perfect. See, they can be outwitted 🙂

BigJohn

Somebody seems to be thinking a bike is a toy rather than an efficient mode of transport.

Mrs BigJohn & I were invited to a “dress up nicely afternoon tea birthday party” (FFS) today. About 3 miles away. As we guessed we wouldn’t be in a driveable state coming home we rode. Good job she went on her e-bike as there was a brisk southerly breeze in our faces, so she paced me all the way.

Except when her stilettos slipped off the SPDs.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i do this a lot. so often that i know where the MILs deodorant is as i’ve forgotten mine a couple of times!

Kryton57

As we guessed we wouldn’t be in a driveable state coming home we rode.

😯

Much to their mirth as it started pissing down as I went out the back gate and they got in the car, I enjoyed that ride back. Saw some Moorhens, Geese and a Swan, not much out I guess due to the rain. Boy I want that 18t to turn up in the post though.

BigJohn

I was 36:15 fixed. A bugger chasing Mrs BigJohn up the railway bridge on her Giant Dirt-e, as she was chasing a young roadie.

soundninjauk

Google reckons it’d take me 7 hours to cycle to the outlaws. Reckon it’d be a nice cycle for at least part the way though (London to near Wellingborough).

tymbian
    Free Member

Honestly, life’s to short to be doing what someone else wants you to do.. It’s all about the harmony, if your wife doesn’t want you to and you want to there’s no harmony. If you don’t mind going in the car with said wife there’s harmony..I’m sure you’ll work it out.
    As to the original question.. no, it’s not rude.

molgrips
    Free Member

I do this all the time, albeit to my own parents. it’s about an 80 mile road ride, so I tell them to give me a 2 hour head start and then I race. I’ve beaten them a couple of times. Kids find it fun 🙂 It’s a way of getting a 4.5 hour ride in whilst only losing 2 hours of family time. Which are usually spent with the kids playing Minecraft early in the morning anyway.

bigblackshed

A bit late to the party, but in for a penny….

I just asked The Wife to OPs question. “Yep, crack on. Will you want a shower when you get there?”

I love my Wife.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Is this rude?’ is closed to new replies.