Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • Is this right? (LBS-installed Hope headset)
  • stevomcd
    Free Member

Top tip – if you fit one 5, one 10 and one 20mm spacer then you can have your stem at any height (5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 or 35mm) and it doesn’t look quite so weird!

martinxyz
    Free Member

but it does. you get funny looks from folk as you ride towards them with your hands higher than your eyebrows!

dannyh
    Free Member

Its odd that people are reluctant to let other people know where they had shit service

Not really. It has not been clear cut in this case, although the work has been a tad shoddy, rather than ‘shit’.

They are a decent bunch, they try (too, sometimes) hard to please, and bad mouthing stays around a long time on the internet. Doing a hatchet job over one thing is not proportionate. As I said above, the effect will be that I won’t use them for 50/50 stuff in the future, I will most likely have a go myself.

Small bike shops (even ones that are sometimes a bit sub-optimal) are better than the likes of Halfords and Evans in many scenarios. No squeezing a job in as a favour there, no, they have to be booked onto (wince), The System.

They certainly don’t need the likes of me spouting off to all and sundry, even if I am a tad pissed off in this individual case. If I really wanted to register my displeasure I would tell them face to face, or via a personal email.

So not necessarily odd, just not being an amateur Watchdog presenter………

dannyh
    Free Member

but it does. you get funny looks from folk as you ride towards them with your hands higher than your eyebrows!

You taking the piss out of my chopper?

Riksbar

Well said Dannyh

( I am not connected with the shop in involved 🙂 )

belugabob
    Free Member

how can you tell the logos are not lined up ? modern hope headsets have 3 at 90 degrees to each other – so id say that cups in the right place to have one central – one at 90 and one at 270

So, where were you on the day they did geometry at your school?

dannyh
    Free Member

So, where were you on the day they did geometry at your school?

Lost, if trying to use a compass to get there?

schmiken

Danny, scandal – I have the correct tools at home if you ever want it done properly in the future….

And I have mild OCD about stuff like that so logos are always in line! 🙂

scaredypants

Spacers are fo’ wasters:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/6ZboXC]Image00001[/url] by scaredypants, on Flickr

martinxyz
    Free Member

No, just joking with Stevo! My hardtail still has an uncut steerer nearly the height of yours. I’m just a worrier. Scared it won’t sell if it’s cut any shorter!

Northwind

scandal42 – Member

I may potentially need to remove the lower cup only and I have read that removing it from a 456C is a total pain in the arse.

FWIW I took a couple out of mine, it was a wee bit harder than usual but not really very troublesome. That was a smoothie and a Works Components, your hopey mileage may vary.

I used the Universal Smashing Tool- a rear axle from a ’00 Suzuki SV650S. Don’t use one from an N model, not carbon compatible.

wwaswas

Is that slide resting on the bikes bars or a were the kids trying to launch themselves into the trampoline?

I’ll just sit and weep gently about the bike rather than comment.

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘Is this right? (LBS-installed Hope headset)’ is closed to new replies.