Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Is this really the best we can do?
  • bearnecessities

Not preachy, just surprised.

It’s a fairly lackluster response to this thread for such a great guy, from an era that runs through the demographic veins for STW and suffering from, and raising money now for, an injury that is one of the worst to suffer.

Just expected more positive comments at least, if money is tight. It’s just a few months since this happened, and he’s out there, fighting it and doing something positive.

Meh, that’s all.

tomhoward

I’ve donated and bullied encouraged others to do so. Didn’t comment on the thread though.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Well I’m a little wary of giving as in the past I have given to most requests but when I asked for support it was totally ignored, not a single donation!
    But what bothers me most is that the page in question is so unprofessional that I couldn’t associate it with such a great man, I appreciate that he is no IT pro, but maybe ask of the back off his FB or twitter profile so we have a chance of knowing that we are donating to a ligit cause.
    Just my 2p 🙂

bearnecessities
    bearnecessities
    PrinceJohn

Its a generic just giving page… Its going to look crap.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I really am not putting the cause down, but it’s not Martyn championing he cause, he has simply rehashed it no?

bearnecessities

No.

He’s paralysed.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

OK, I’m sorry but I’m obviously out of the loop, Martyn Ashton is a bit of a hero of mine, I’ll contribute something.

MrNice
    Free Member

Don’t forget that people may have posted nothing but still went and donated. That’s what I did

bearnecessities

Don’t apologise FFS! The last thing I want to do is to appear to pressurise anyone into donating.

Like you say though, he’s a hero of yours, and many others here.

Hence I’m simply surprised at the lack of responses on that thread.

We’ve all seen this before – but just watch it again maybe? This was a man 18 months ago, and now he is in a wheelchair.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7ZmJtYaUTa0#t=214[/video]

eulach

I was going to make a donation but thought, “He’s famous, he’ll raise loads of money. I’ll give the money to Mr.X down the road who hasn’t got an audience.”
    10 Million YT hits and only 229 donators. I agree with the OP.
    Mr.X and Mr. Ashton can both have something.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I donated, he was a bit of an inspiration to me back in the day & was lucky enough to have a good long chat to him at one of their stunt events a month or so before his accident.

poly
    Free Member

This was a man 18 months ago, and now he is in a wheelchair.

He’s still a man.

bearnecessities

Bravo. Very clever.

Jamie
    Free Member

Poly has a point, and possibly a cracker. I know it’s not what you meant, but it could be read as saying someone is less of a man/woman if they become a paraplegic.

bearnecessities

As you say Jamie, you know that’s not what the sentence was conveying. In context of the whole post, one would have to try to read it in that negative way.

bearnecessities

Some big donations coming in all of a sudden, which is great.

Even from..No. Is it?

default image

Have a blast!

Donation by TJ on 02/05/14

£50.00

+ £12.50 Gift Aid

Macavity
    Free Member

Macavity
    Free Member

pb2

good shout, it got me motivated to donate

palmer77
    Free Member

Good reminder thanks 🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Is this really the best we can do?’ is closed to new replies.