Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • is this ready for the bin/replaceable/repairable?
  • gonzy
    Free Member

a mate cracked the driveside seatstay on his 2013 Intense Carbine
    it seems the bolt holding the non driveside seatstay to the linkage came off just before it and that placed all the weight/force on the driveside one causing the crack just as he landed a jump

what are his options please? is it worth repairing or should he try and replace the rear triangle via Intense (he isnt the original owner so may need a fair bit of blagging to get one at the right price), or should he just bin the frame and buy another/something else?

andyl
    Free Member

If it was carbon fibre then it would be an easy fix but that looks like aluminium so going to need a new one.

I would try Intense, maybe go through a friendly Intense dealer if you have one nearby.

medoramas
    Free Member

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    gonzy
    Free Member

its carbon.
    any recommended carbon repairers that you know of?

khani
    Free Member

When I had a Scott Scale break out of warranty the bloke at Scott uk recommended HQ Fibre products in Norwich they were good to deal with and the repair was spot on

trail_rat
    Free Member

ive seen a repair by carbonbikerepairs – on a giant tcr once that had been run over by a car.

looked like new and has lived a long and prosperous life.

equally i saw a diy repair done on a yeti chainstay that lived a short and painful life.

i would certainly consider it but i would be doing some research.

Furious

Interesting, a mates Tracer 275 (ALu) had a similar problem. Bolt came lose on non-drive side seat stay and the rear triangle cracked as a result.

Rear triangle was replaced under warranty by Intense (through NWMTB) despite the fact the bike had been purchased in the US. New rear triangle had been redesigned around the seat stay bridge presumably/possibly to put less force through this bolt?

He’s had no further issues (but does check the bolts a lot more often…

munrobiker
    Free Member

I had a Scott that had been repaired by HQ Fibre Products- you could see the repair but couldn’t feel it and it was very tough. It was only about £40 to repair a crack around the BB, though that seatstay may be more.

carbonbikerepairs will do a full “as new” repair.

gonzy
    Free Member

thanks for the info folks…i’ll pass it onto him

andyl
    Free Member

Good news then, couldnt see any black around the crack just white/silver so assumed aluminium.

Should be easy to repair, might not be as pretty as it will end up a bit thicker due to being overwrapped but will be hard to spot when painted.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘is this ready for the bin/replaceable/repairable?’ is closed to new replies.