Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 150 total)
  • Is this racist and if so, why?
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I agree – it is absurd to place Churchill in the same league as Hitler ……you should be ashamed of yourself Elfinman 😐

Much fairer, would be to put Churchill in the same league as Saddam Hussein. Like Saddam, Churchill believed that gassing Iraqi Kurds to stop them causing trouble was perfectly acceptable. He justified doing so by saying, quote :

“I am strongly in favour of using poisoned gas against uncivilised tribes”

Of course unlike Saddam Hussein he was never put on trial for gassing Iraqi Kurds. Lucky him.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Asian people’s hard-working nature and ability to succeed in business

Another stereotype and generalisation?

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Go to Hoxton Square on a Saturday night and tell it to the guys on the corner.

You’ll soon find out if its racist or not.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Go to Hoxton Square on a Saturday night and tell it to the guys on the corner.

You’ll soon find out if its racist or not.

This might be a test for racist content, would you repeat the same line to one of them funny foreign fellas if you didn’t know them?

nickf
    Free Member

May I ask how old you are?

He’s 54, or at least claims to be on another thread.

Then again, it could be an IQ score ………

SD-253
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member
    I agree – it is absurd to place Churchill in the same league as Hitler ……you should be ashamed of yourself Elfinman

Much fairer, would be to put Churchill in the same league as Saddam Hussein. Like Saddam, Churchill believed that gassing Iraqi Kurds to stop them causing trouble was perfectly acceptable. He justified doing so by saying, quote :

“I am strongly in favour of using poisoned gas against uncivilised tribes”

Of course unlike Saddam Hussein he was never put on trial for gassing Iraqi Kurds. Lucky him.
    Gasing the enemy troops (Iraqi Kurds) like both sides did to each other in WW1?
    PS saying and doing are two different things or are you going to lie and tell us he gassed civilians?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Gasing the enemy troops (Iraqi Kurds) like both sides did to each other in WW1

Yeah, you’re probably right brandeberry ……..all this “Oh look, he gassed the Iraqi Kurds” is a lot of fuss over nothing I reckon.

We were fighting an enemy weren’t we ? If it it had been left to nob heads like Elfinman, they probably would have let the Iraqi Kurds in. And he would all be living under Iraqi Kurd occupation 😐

Gawd bless Winston Churchill I say.

SD-253
    Free Member

CharlieMungus – Member

Another stereotype and generalization?
    Acceptable though, to the Liberal middle class (Elfinman, ernie_lynch) that the word racism attracts. Of course when you say

you must be comparing them with another race……which one might that be?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

the Liberal middle class (Elfinman, ernie_lynch)

Cool…..I’m liberal and middle-class now 8)

SD-253
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member
    If it it had been left to nob heads like Elfinman, they probably would have let the Iraqi Kurds in. And he would all be living under Iraqi Kurd occupation

I thought they were already here? Bringing With them there favorite hobby…….. Honor killing….of course they (the women) deserve to be murdered (or if you had it your way it would be manslaughter) fancy wanting to marry out of there own race/religion)

Gawd bless Winston Churchill I say.

Nothing like a good sniger at the working class……from behind your computer screen, brave brave man
    PS is it politicaly correct to use the word manslaughter? should I use person slaughter

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

or if you had your way manslaughter

Well there’s no “pulling the wool over your eyes” mate ………yes I have to confess, I do like a bit of manslaughter.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Nothing like a good sniger at the working class……from behind your computer screen, brave brave man

Well I had no idea that Winston Churchill was working class. You see it’s learning stuff like that,
    that keeps me coming back to STW.

BTW, I’m in front of my computer screen ………what would I be doing behind it ? 😕

nickf
    Free Member

Apart from the appalling racism in your earlier posts, two other points:

1 What does ‘sniger’ mean?

2 Surely he’d be in front on his computer screen, not behind it? If he was sitting behind it he’d not see your response, and thus his ability to ‘sniger’ would be rather limited.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

What’s wrong with manslaughter or womanslaughter, in fact any kind of laughter, surely that’s what we need more of. Imagine for instance if the gassing of the Kurds was done with laughing gas, would the world be in a better place by now?

SD-253
    Free Member

Well I had no idea that Winston Churchill was working class. You see it’s learning stuff like that,
    that keeps me coming back to STW.

Since when was the phrase

Gawd

Anything other than working class?

BTW, I’m in front of my computer screen ………what would I be doing behind it ?

Hiding?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

He’s got a point about “Gawd” I distinctly remember it being used by Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins. Doesn’t get much more working class than a Chimney Sweep.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ernie – welcome to the world of the liberal middle classes. Would you like some white whine?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Since when was the phrase

Gawd

Anything other than working class

LOL ! 😀

Oh I see. Well I only found out a few minutes ago that I was middle class, so I guess I hadn’t quite got round to not talking like a Sarf Landan building worker any more…….but I’ll work on it – now that I know I is posh.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You see ernie – you have to obey the rules now. After all you do own the means of production in that you have your tools – whereas I only have my labour to sell. So I can and do use Gawd

SD-253
    Free Member

nickf – Member
    Apart from the appalling racism in your earlier posts, two other points:

Appalling!! Maybe you could point these posts out to me or am I inherently racism because I disagree?

1 What does ‘sniger’ mean?

Bloody hell I misspet a word!

2 Surely he’d be in front on his computer screen, not behind it? If he was sitting behind it he’d not see your response, and thus his ability to ‘sniger’ would be rather limited.

two things I have got wrong obviously “one of those” working class has got onto your internet site

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yes indeed, but a positive one, I think you’ll agree. And one which all the Asian people I know (including Bangladeshi, Indian, Pakistani, Vietnamese etc) are quite happy to be labelled with. I refer to the kind of work ethic and determination shown by people who have come to Britain with very very little, and often managed to succeed in spite of the many difficulties they have faced. Many Asian people I’ve known have worked 12+ hour days, 6 or even 7 days a week, to provide for their families and build up businesses, put their children through education, buy their own homes, etc etc etc.

the Liberal middle class (Elfinman, ernie_lynch

Yay! I’m Middle Class! Woohoo! 😀

I say Ernest old chap; would you care to join me for a glass of champagne, as is typical, even expected, of people of our Social Standing?

(Runs off to engage in highbrow intellectual discussion on the Modern Art thread)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well I only found out a few minutes ago that I was middle class, so I guess I hadn’t quite got round to not talking like a Sarf Landan building worker any more…….but I’ll work on it – now that I know I is posh.

Cor blimey guv’nor = I say, my good fellow

Now, where’s Flashy got to? Need to organise things for this summer’s Henley regatta…

SD-253
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member

Yes indeed, but a positive one, I think you’ll agree. And one which all the Asian people I know (including Bangladeshi, Indian, Pakistani, Vietnamese etc) are quite happy to be labelled with. I refer to the kind of work ethic and determination shown by people who have come to Britain with very very little, And we could go to there countries and be treated in the same way? Yes I think I will nip to Pakistan and start up a bussiness there and practise my religion and they would come into my shop just like white people do in the UK and let me practise my religion just like we do in the UK?

(including Bangladeshi, Indian, Pakistani, Vietnamese etc)

who do you work for the council housing department?

and often managed to succeed in spite of the many difficulties they have faced.

from the white racist scum bags who refuse to use there shops?

Many Asian people I’ve known have worked 12+ hour days, 6 or even 7 days a week, to put their children through education,

You may have had private education but I think you will find that its free for the rest of us.

Dave
    Free Member

Not when you get to big school it’s not

SD-253
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member

Yes indeed, but a positive one, I think you’ll agree. And one which all the Asian people I know (including Bangladeshi, Indian, Pakistani, Vietnamese etc) are quite happy to be labelled with
    Honest? They are happy with that? All Bangladeshi, Indian, Pakistani, Vietnamese etc are hard working? Most people would realize that positive stereotyping is inherently a statement about other races being inferior. If I was to say white people are very hard working and have a good work ethic wouldn’t that be statement about some other races are lazy and lack a work ethic. I am being ironic by the way.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yes I think I will nip to Pakistan and start up a bussiness there and practise my religion and they would come into my shop just like white people do in the UK and let me practise my religion just like we do in the UK?

What religion are you ?

It must be awful leaving behind child labour, disease & poverty to work 12hr days.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Whos turn is it with the shovel now?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

STR; I think most folk would agree that working such long hours is considerably preferable to the conditions suffered by millions in their home countries. Most of them consider themselves incredibly lucky that they have been able to have such opportunities, and are more than happy to send money back to help people who have so little.

Can anyone please explain what the hell brandyberryj is wibbling on about?

Edric64
    Free Member

black men are called winston”

or Chicken George

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 150 total)

The topic ‘Is this racist and if so, why?’ is closed to new replies.