Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Is this photograph any good?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Well, if it’s a pic of a red X in a white box, it’s SUPERB!

Otherwise, epic fail! 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

jam-bo

I can see it. I don’t like it personally.

RealMan
    Free Member

donsimon
    Free Member

Me no likey. What is the subject?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

That’s a poor pic of a red X in a white box now though…

😉

Harry_the_Spider

HTH

derek_starship
    Free Member

It’s Lytham St. Annes.

camo16
    Free Member

I like it. It emphasises that North West thing. You’re on a beach. But somehow the sea is still an impossibly long way away… Bravo, sir!

Pyro

I like the pic, personally. You could have panned further right to follow ‘rule of thirds’ principles (i.e. have it two thirds beach, one third building) but it the skyline further right wasn’t that interesting, that wouldn’t be any better.

The almost sepia sky tone is nice, saturation is good. Yup, I quite like it. Other people might not.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

It’s alright, but it doesn’t have any particular focal point or lead-in lines. I think the cables under the pier in the foreground turn my eyes into pin-balls…

Nice light though, a bit more planning and you could have got a better shot IMHO.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yeah should have a bit more of what is going on at the top of the shot – it feels very cut-off with the focal point being right at the top of the crop.

Harry_the_Spider

He didn’t take it BTW. The life expectancy of DS’s colleagues is similar to that of the drummers in Spinal Tap. He’s just trawling a dead man’s hard drive.

grum
    Free Member

I agree with the others – pretty good but the composition needs tweaking a bit. The overexposed area in the top left is a bit too bright and overpowers the rest of the picture too imo.

derek_starship
    Free Member

HtS is quite correct – I didn’t take the shot. It was taken by a late colleague of mine. I am not trawling a dead man’s hard drive either. I like the pic so asked for a copy of the jpeg.

The chap died from pneumnonia 3 months after this was taken.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Cheery

grum
    Free Member

Bit weird to ask if it’s any good then? If you like it that’s all that matters surely.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The chap died from pneumnonia 3 months after this was taken.

He should have wrapped up warmer then.

nbt

I like it.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Bit weird to ask if it’s any good then? If you like it that’s all that matters surely.

Why is it weird?

I can ask WTF I like.

aP
    Free Member

Not surprised really seeing how much smog there is there – Lytham St Annes? I’d have thought somewhere in industrial China TBH.

grum
    Free Member

Why is weird?

I can ask WTF I like.

You can ask WTF you like, I can also think WTF I like about asking for critique on a dead man’s photograph. 😕

wors

derek_starship – Member

Why is it weird?

I can ask WTF I like.

grum – Member

Why is weird?

I can ask WTF I like.

You can ask WTF you like, I can also think WTF I like about asking for critique on a dead man’s photograph.

Calm down children.

I like it, but the glare from the sun is a bit distracting.

Okay handbags ready…

MrSparkle

I like it too, fwiw.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Is this photograph any good?’ is closed to new replies.