Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Is this Petty: Reporting 'signs' on public/common land and highways
  • nealglover
    Free Member

So would it be petty to ask the council to remove them, as they are litter aren’t they?

Would you do the same if it wasn’t UKIP ?

If not, then yes, it’s petty.

(I’m not a UKIP supporter, but it does seem quite petty if it’s based purely on your political view, rather than actually thinking the signs are a problem)

maccruiskeen

its such a safe seat they could replace him with anything (animal/vegetable/mineral) and they would still get in.

My tired eyes read that as ‘animal/vegetable/liberal’ 🙂

Trekster

It can also be dangerous if they happen to spike a service cable as happened around here some time ago 🙄

jimbobo
    Free Member

I love this time of year, I gets me little ladder and paint cans out, its a real chance for me to demonstrate my artistic ability, adding comedy flags and eye patches to smug faces, adding referenced facts to questionable statements, generally just being childish about UKIP. “UKIP hate kittens” was probably my finest work, and lasted nearly 6 hours! Childish, but I knew my politics A-level would be useful one day!

I disrespect all parties equally, except the silly racists, they can bog off.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Do people actually think the signs make a difference to peoples voting behaviour ?

If it turns out that publicity doesn’t affect people’s behaviour then that’s going to be shocking news for the advertising industry.

Presumably it also means that signs won’t affect people’s drinking preferences.

epicyclo

convert – Member
    Well if you look at the Sottish referendum they didn’t. Yes signs outnumbered No by about 20 to 1 and we all know how that ended….

We have analysed that failure, and it’s the fault of all the dead people who turned out to be Unionists in their postal votes.

Strangely with the revision to the Electoral Roll, lots of voters seem to have disappeared, so maybe not for this election. 🙂

But never underestimate the masters of the dead vote. Murphy’s law may yet reign supreme…

nealglover
    Free Member

That Coke sign made me thirsty, now I feel like drinking a Pepsi Max, because I prefer it to Coke.

hooli

They use decent timber for the signs, I could use a few more to complete my log store 😉

CountZero

Doesn’t affect mine, I don’t drink any cans of fizzy flavoured sugar. As far as I can remember, I don’t think I’ve drunk more than three or four cans of Coke or Pepsi in my entire life.
    A friend found a personalised bottle of Coke in the services on the way home from seeing Kate Bush and bought it for me; it’s still in the fridge.
    I have drunk the occasional can of energy drink, maybe four or five in total, Relentless by choice, I don’t like Red Bull.
    I did used to drink Tizer as a kid, though.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

As far as I can remember, I don’t think I’ve drunk more than three or four cans of Coke or Pepsi in my entire life.

It sounds to me that Coca Cola are wasting their advertising campaign on you CountZero.

Although I suspect their market target probably extends beyond just you, so they probably won’t give up spending millions on advertising just yet.

scaredypants

A friend found a personalised bottle of Coke in the services on the way home from seeing Kate Bush and bought it for me; it’s still in the fridge.

I think you’ve been had, matey 🙁

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

😆

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Is this Petty: Reporting 'signs' on public/common land and highways’ is closed to new replies.