Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Is this paint finish in this part of the car normal?
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

Hi, bought this as new for my kid just 5 mos ago and only noticed now ….the said not very nice paint finish is on both sides of the car is this normal?

craigxxl
    Free Member

Yes. To help protect against stone chips

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Thank you craig 🙂 …i thought its something else as I dont have this in my other car and the neighbour

Cougar

Wow, I think I’d rather have stone chips.

I remember years ago, my grandad having some sort of “underseal” painted on underneath his car, some sort of rust protection. He’d have it redone every couple of years. It was black stuff and looked a bit like tar (and noticeable as it came up the sides of the car by a couple of inches). From memory, the finish wasn’t wholly dissimilar to the photo in the OP.

molgrips
    Free Member

Under there is a really thick layer of soft yellow protective coat. This is brilliant for stopping your car rusting through the sills.

Cougar – you’d rather have stonechips? Would you rather have a rotten chassis and have to scrap your car? Cos I wouldn’t!

scaredypants

I remember years ago, my grandad having some sort of “underseal” painted on underneath his car

Ziebart ? Tarry black shite IIRR

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Is this paint finish in this part of the car normal?’ is closed to new replies.