Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Is this a normal warranty time for a returned xt 785 brake
  • robhughes
    Free Member

Had to return my rear XT 785 back to Merlin as i’t gone kaput.
    Just had an email off them saying it will be sent back to there supplier then to shimano Belgium for testing and will take aprox 21 days from receipt of it.Then back to Merlin,then back to me.
    Not impressed at all.
    Probably be the best part of six weeks i bet…Not happy.
    Should Merlin replace then take it up with Shimano or there supplier.?

Stiggy

Sounds like its not going through Madison, grey import maybe.

robhughes
    Free Member

No.Boxed up and bought through Merlin for full wack.I returned the front about six months ago which the tested themselves and found faulty.New one in a couple of days.They where bought as a pair with receipt to prove.WTF..

Junkyard
    Free Member

Under the Sale of Goods Act, the retailer must either repair or replace faulty goods ‘within a reasonable time but without causing significant inconvenience’.

robhughes
    Free Member

Any idea as where to go from here.

scotroutes

21 days sounds about right. Might be trying to set an expectation that could be bettered rather than one they can’t meet. Surprised it’s going to Belgium though, I’d have thought a pukka UK import would go no further than Madison.

robhughes
    Free Member

My thoughts exactly scotroutes and with all the postage costs Merlin>madison>Belgium>madison>merlin then back to me.Are they on drugs…lol
    There only £50 odd on there site.
    I smell bullshit.

tomhoward

There only £50 odd on there site.

*faints*

bikeneil
    Free Member

Any idea as where to go from here.

To a proper bike shop?

sillyoldman

Madison wouldn’t send it to Belgium.

Either bulls*it, or it’s grey.

simondbarnes

Just because it came in a shimano box doesn’t mean it came from Madison.

davosaurusrex

CRC / the distributor have had my DB inline for 5 weeks now. Got £25 worth of vouchers out of them but still pretty poor turnaround

toppers3933
    Free Member

I’m reliably informed that merlin don’t get their shimano gear from Madison. Hence yours is going back to Belgium.

trail_rat
    Free Member

just need to hope its been bled with pukka shimano fluid and not the LHM that people like to say is interchangable on here…..

robhughes
    Free Member

Yer it’s full of shimano fluid.It’s only a £50 brake and to send it along the route it has to take is just madness.
    So Merlin’s supplier can’t replace it.Wounder what would happen if it came from japan.. 😀

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Borrow a cheap brake from a mate to tie you over.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Is this a normal warranty time for a returned xt 785 brake’ is closed to new replies.