Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Is this normal (firmer spring fitted q)?
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Had my Revelations serviced and a firmer spring fitted but I seem to have lost travel. With the forks at 130mm the rubber o ring only goes just about half way up. No amount of heavy hitting gets it any further. I know it’s a firmer spring but THAT firm? It’s the same whatever the u-turn is set at, getting just over half the travel.

130mm – 8cm travel (3.14″)
    115mm – 6.5cm travel (2.55″)
    100mm – 6cm travel (2.36″)

Is that right, or should I mail Mr Flooks about it?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Few questions if I may –

What do you weigh?
    What spring was fitted?
    Have you ridden it, or is this just a static ‘bounce’ test?
    Is the Motion Control/Lock out turned off?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I’m 13st + clothes & riding kit.

Firm spring.

Ridden and static bounce tests. Had them back just over a week and ridden to work 3 times. O ring never gets much above half way whatever setting. Even with rebound damping wound down so they come back as slow as possible, it will never compress more than half.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Motion control off, and external floodgate on min or max, same.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Personally, I’d say you’d have been fine on the standard spring. RS spring weight charts are generally a bit pessimistic.

At 15 stone, the standard was only just a bit too soft for me. Technically I should use an X-firm, but firm is bang on. (It’s the same with their air pressures too, the recommended settings are way too hard)

Having said that, you should be able to get most of the travel out of them. It could be they put too much oil in the damping circuit, and that’s stopping it. If TFT did it for you, I’d call them back. something’s not right.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Standard spring was too soft for me. I had the rebound damping full on and it was diving around all the time, even just riding to work, jumping off a few curbs.

Firmer spring feels much nicer to ride but at such a loss of travel I’ll give Tim a shout.

Ta

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Is this normal (firmer spring fitted q)?’ is closed to new replies.