Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Is this news? (minor rant)
  • grumm
    Free Member

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/x-factor/6384824/X-Factor-Cheryl-Coles-Street-Fighter-outfit.html

Cheryl Cole's outfit for her X Factor performance last weekend was based on a character from Street Fighter, the retro video game, fans have speculated.

So some people said on Twitter that someone's outfit on a tv talent show looked a bit like a character from an old video game. WTF? 😕

Is this really what passes for journalism now? Can anyone find a more vacuous story than this? I know it's only the Telegraph but they do at least pretend to be a broadsheet FFS. 🙄

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I think there is a big difference between Cheryl Cole and M-Bison.

I never wanted to f*** M-Bison.

zaskar
    Free Member

Never heard of her till I finally watched the news.

Cheryl who?

nicko74

Nope, it's not. Problem is, unless you read the FT or the Economist (which are both pretty turgid stuff), that's what "news" is in this country now. Watching BBC News 24 in the morning is just cringeworthy; the former broadsheets have all slide increasingly downmarket towards the populist mid-market level, and even Channel 4 news isn't immune to guff 'people' stories. I generally pull this argument out after about 2 pints to illustrate why I think this country's going to pot. 😡
    Booooooo!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Is this news? (minor rant)’ is closed to new replies.