Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Is this guy going to jail?
  • Pigface
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37315488

What will happen to this guy do you think?

tomhoward

Rather depends on what ‘interfering’ is I suppose.

Junkyard
    Free Member

One would assume its drunk and disorderly rather than attempted terrorism

Perhaps they would be better off having a rule about alcohol on flights rather than being surprised that drunk folk do stupid things

One of those it cannot be pleasant to be trapped in a plane with a marauding drunk but how “bad” it is I dont really know. probably behaved no worse than thousands of folk do each weekend and millions do on holiday

Suspect they will send a signal with the sentence 3 years

martinhutch

As long as no-one was interfering with the airport owner’s right to make money by selling vast quantities of alcohol to idiots, though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

BA crew already enforce rules of not serving to drunks. He could have been tanked up in a bar before even getting on board. Or, possibly he was/is just a bit of a dick.

DrJ

Depends if he’s a bit muslamic-looking.

twisty

Depends on if it was interference or assult

Penalties

Assault. Assaulting a crewmember is punishable by up to 20 years’ imprisonment, and a fine of up to $250,000. If a dangerous weapon is used, the defendant can be imprisoned for life.

(18 U.S.C. § 3571, 49 U.S.C. § 46504.)

Interference. The maximum civil penalty for interfering with a crewmember is a fine of up to $25,000. (49 U.S.C. § 46318.)

To impose a fine, the FAA files a notice of a proposed civil penalty. The passenger can request a hearing, which will be held before a federal Administrative Law Judge (ALJ). Usually, both the FAA and the passenger are allowed to present evidence, and the passenger can (and should) be represented by an attorney. After a hearing, the judge announces his or her decision, and sometimes issues a written decision. If either the passenger or the FAA requests review, the FAA Administrator reviews the judge’s decision. Either party may then appeal the Administrator’s decision by filing an appeal in a Federal Court of Appeals.

zippykona

I’ve never understood why I can’t have my jumper on my lap during take off but it’s perfectly safe to serve booze to people who can barely stand up.

legend
    Free Member

A 24-year-old Glasgow man

Always proud of my city 🙂

I bet his ESTA application isn’t so straightforward next time

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Zippy, as before, if you’re pissed, the airline will ‘cut you off’ as a first measure.

Had this happen to a colleague on a flight to the US recently. I was sitting a few rows in front of him so hadn’t noticed, but the cabin crew gave me a tap on the shoulder and asked if I was travelling with him. They informed me, very discreetly, that he’d had too much and had been cut off. They also made sure I had spare water bottles when we got off the plane as they wanted to make sure he was OK.

For an airline to serve someone who is already visibily drunk is very rare indeed.

zippykona

Flashy I had the misfortune of travelling with the Horsham rugby club on a trip to Malta.
    They were paralytic before they got on and only got worse as the flight went on.
    All of them were supposedly sensible middle class gents but because they were “rugby” they had a licence to be total ****.
    Why easy jet kept the booze flowing I don’t know.

Junkyard
    Free Member

PROFIT

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I did say ‘airline’ not ‘flying cattle truck’.

😉

Sleaze are a different kettle of fish. All about taking ad much cash as possible on board, and screw the passengers.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Its not legal to be really drunk on a plane.

Unless this guy has assaulted someone, especially air crew he’ll just get a good telling off and then have to buy another flight home. Probably have hotel costs too. $$$ will be his punishment. If he gets a conviction in the US it will be hard for him to get another VISA so it could be the end lf trips to the US for him

jambalaya
    Free Member

Profit – ah yes the root of all evil for some eh ? BA make nothing from drinks, they are free. The more you drink the more it costs them. The guy could have been drunk before he got to the airport. I’ve witnessed people on board flights being refused more drinks, that tends to spark them off. Don’t envy the air crews. Should be a public name and shame list for such passengers then other airlines can decide whether they accept bookings or not. Sec offenders type register for drunk and disruptive passengers

RobHilton
    Free Member

BA make nothing loads from drinks, they are free factored in to the price of your ticket.

Just like all those “free” minutes with phone contracts.

clodhopper
    Free Member

“Why easy jet kept the booze flowing I don’t know.”

So, Debbie McGee; what first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels?

Beagleboy

Flew to Sofia on EasyJet from Manchester back in February and there was a huge bunch of rowdy yoofs already quite drunk as they tried to board the plane. They were held back by the gate staff till everyone else had boarded. Once on they were told in no uncertain terms that they would not be served alcohol during the flight.

I was quite impressed by that actually. So much in fact that I ordered a beer even though it was only 7am on a Saturday morning. Tasted really good as I watched the idiots sitting in their seats like naughty schoolboys.

So unlike me, Easyjet do have some standards!

C. 😉

mikertroid
    Free Member

Should have lifetime ban from flying and jail time.

surfer
    Free Member

Just like all those “free” minutes with phone contracts.

Google “fixed cost”

Junkyard
    Free Member

the root of all evil for some eh ?

Do you think they serve drinks to drunk people for another reason?
    if so trollbot feel free to state it.

slowoldman

How much harm can a Glaswegian drunk cause? They normally have one foot stuck to the spot.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Is this guy going to jail?’ is closed to new replies.