Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • is this good service?
  • oxnop
    Free Member

Bought my GF an (expensive) ex Demo bike 3 Saturdays ago from a well known bike shop.

First ride on the Saturday of the purchase and the rear shock sounded like a faulty bed spring – so I pumped the shock up to 150psi to stop the squeaking sound to get her home.
    Got straight home and waited until Monday to call this bike shop (as they don’t open on Sunday). I explained what was happening & the asked me to bring it in.
    I was told they were busy and the bike was booked in for the following Friday (2 wks later)

I was away on business until Thursday evening (Thursday was their only late opening – 7pm) and my flight landed @ 530 so I had a massive rush from the airport to the shop as the bike was ‘supposedly’ booked in for Friday.

Just called the shop 5 mins ago asking what was going on (I was told it would be sorted by Saturday & if not I would have a call)

“Oh I wondered what the bike was doing there, what’s the problem & ill get it booked in to be looked at”

WTF!

Is this good service?

sv

Its service that will certainly get a reaction – if it were me I'd be making a personal appearance for a face to face confirmation of when it will be sorted.

njee20
    Free Member

Any work like that should be turned around within a week at the very longest, they don't want it cluttering up their workshop, all they've gotta do is whip the shock off and send it back to the distributor.

Idiots.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

If it was the shop's demo bike, then they would be used to seeing it in the shop day in day out perhaps they had just become blind to it's presence.

Not an excuse though..

woody2000

In isolation, it's a pain in the ass for you, but mistakes happen etc. If it happened all the time, then it would be something to get worked up about. Idiots is a bit harsh!

oxnop
    Free Member

I would love to be able to get over and make an apperance. Work & distance stops that through the week though.

I couldnt believe what I was hearing to be honest. I was sat in an office so i couldnt vent my anger over the phone.

Ill be popping over on Saturday though!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘is this good service?’ is closed to new replies.