• This topic has 84 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by AD.
Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Is this costume offensive?
  • grum
    Free Member

Dressing up as nazis and doing funny walks was normal and offense-free in the 70s and 80s. It was so mainstream that TV shows were full of it.

We’ve just turned into a nation of hand-wringing, humorless, permanently offended fannies.

Yeah, I find modern comedy so lame in comparison – I’m just pining for the days when people dressed up as nazis and did funny walks.

LHS
    Free Member

I find fat people with muffin tops offensive we should force them to all wear burkas ….. Oh hang on some may be offended by that ….damn

You need to look up the difference between being offended and being intollerant.

andyfla
    Free Member

You need to look up the difference between being offended and being intollerant.

Surely in this context it is irrelevant ? Even if I am intolerant I can still be offended ?

freeride_frankie
    Free Member

It can not be offensive, as the mods have not removed the piccy! 8)

AD

To answer the OP – not to me, no. However my view is that you choose to be offended and all I saw in this case was a couple of student ‘try-hards’… Although in fairness they did win so what do I know. 😆

Oh and before the ‘right-on’ brigade have a pop – I do think it is in relatively poor taste but that isn’t the same thing.

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Is this costume offensive?’ is closed to new replies.