Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Is this bodge safe?
  • zippykona

foureyes
    Free Member

foureyes
    Free Member

techincally it works, i wouldn’t trust it though as an adapter at least ties things together a bit more. superstar for adapters now for reasonable money

Fresh Goods Friday 697 - The Sprunnng! Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 697 - The Sprunn...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    zippykona

Just trying out some different forks and my current adaptor wont let the brake go over far enough. If the forks are staying on the bike i will get a new adaptor but as i said this is just so i can try them out.

unklehomered
    Free Member

😯

For once the usual “Will I Die” suffix would have been appropriate. As above, while completing a build, yeah to hold it together, to ride over stuff. No.

bigdean

So long there is enough thread into the mount/ frame an tight enough should be fine. Its the friction between all the surfaces that will stop the brake moving not the bolts
    ive done skmthin similar and it been fine for about a year with a 180mm disc.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I would ride with it while a proper adapter is on order. I have bodged my brothers bike like this long term as he is tight, and it was fine.

Brainflex

No, Unequal length bolts are pulling on an angle.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Sorry, but where’s the spoon?

bigdean

^^^^ arhhh didnt spot that. No then…..

nicolaisam
    Free Member

As above, “NO” its trying to bend the bolts,will apply more preesure to one side of the bolt.

Stoner
    Free Member

try and reposition the pad centre using the same length bolts but shimming with washers if you need “half a nut”

orangeboy
    Free Member

Just use some domed washers as found in v- brakes or avid disc brakes

I_Ache
    Free Member

Do you have any old v brake cone washers? They would do a better job of keeping things straight than bolts and a few shims.

EDIT: Bugger I was beaten while typing.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Is this bodge safe?’ is closed to new replies.